Chapter 4

She continued to look down at her phone that was laying on the countertop.

"But.. why? You know nothing about me, and I'm really just nothing." She said quietly, but loud enough for me to hear.

***Kate's P.O.V***

This all felt like a dream, did Harry Styles just ask me to go on a date with him? When I first saw them asking for there drinks, oh how nervous I was. I could feel my legs shaking. My legs normally shake when I'm really nervous, but boy this was ridiculous how bad it was. When I talked to them, I was trying so hard to keep my voice steady, to just look normal to the boys. Without needing to ruin there night thinking I'm a crazy fan. All of them were more perfect than what they look like in pictures. When Niall said "Thanks gorgeous." my face began to burn. I don't blush this easily normally, it's just... It was Niall Horan. I put my notepad and pen in my waist apron looking down, hoping they wouldn't see my face blush. I could feel all there eyes staring at me. That's when I chose to walk away. But, when I came back with there drinks, and Harry called me beautiful at the end of his sentence when he asked where the bathroom is. My heart started to race. Damn, these boys got charm. I had butterflies in my stomach, it made my night. I thought he was more attractive in person, even though he already is very attractive in pictures. Him calling me beautiful. that just made me feel happy, extra happy. It had more of a affect on me than 'gorgeous'. It's probably normal for him to give out compliments like that though, I mean really he gets to see beautiful girls every day all over the world.

I turned back to focus on my conversation with Harry. After the sentence I stated, I looked at him in the eyes, those beautiful green eyes, trying to look calm. His eyes were focused on my face, trying to read my emotion. I could tell the way with the way he scanned it, furrowing his eyebrows a little. I got really conscious.

"That's why I want to take you on a date. I want to know more about you. There's something about you that just wants me to know more about you." He said answering my question, with a small smile on his face. I took in his words, and looked back down fiddling with my fingers nervously. Before I could say anything he lifted up my chin, so I was looking into his eyes.

"Once we have that date, hopefully I can get you to come out of that shell of yours you seem to have. You're beautiful you know." He said giving me an award-winning smile, with his adorable dimples. Dimples kill me. I knew what he meant by shell, to become less shy, and feel more comfortable. It didn't affect me him basically saying I was shy though, I already knew I was. I've always been. That was a big thing that I hated about myself. I also care too much on what people think of me so I just put a wall up. Social anxiety can really mess with me sometimes. I really just wish I could have an outgoing spirit, make people laugh and smile all the time, without caring what people thought of me. Why couldn't I have a personality like that I thought to myself.

"I'm really nothing Harr-" He stopped my sentence by saying something.

"Kate, will you go on a date with me?" He spoke, I could tell my face was flushed with pink all over my cheeks. I knew he stopped my sentence to get an answer. He seemed anxious for what I had to say if I would go on a date with him or not. I turned my face into a smile showing my teeth looking at him. I decided in my mind, I would try it out. It's not like it would end up serious anyways, just a simple date. And I'm not doing this just because he's the one and only Harry Styles.

"I'd like that." I said. His face turned into a smile, adding a light giggle with it.

"You should get back at your table, the guys are probably wondering what you're doing there in the bathroom..." I told him with a laugh after. He laughed with me and nodded then walked around the corner to the table with the guys.

"Yeah, that might be a good idea. Oh and Kate, you're definitely not nothing. Complete opposite actually."

***Harry's P.O.V***

As I walked away from her, I was looking ahead with a huge smile on my face. All of the guys watched me as I sat back down at the table. Louis spoke, I knew one of the boys were gonna say something.

"So what took you so long Hazza?" He asked smirking at me, as the other guys watched me waiting for what I would say as a response.

"I talked to the waitress.. her name's Kate. I talked to her, and I, I asked to her go on a date with me." I stuttered a little while saying that. Niall patted my back.

"Way to go man! She's hot." Niall said. I laughed and all the other guys laughed with me too.

I was anxious for her to come. After 15 minutes of socializing with the guys, Kate came with the food. Most of the conversations we had during the time, I thought about Kate. I sat up as she had two trays with plates of food in it, in each hand.

"Let me help you with that." I said politely about to stand up.

"Oh no, no. It's fine, it's my job for the night. No big deal." She smiled up at me. She laid the two trays down on the table and passed everyone there meals that they ordered.

"Hope you guys enjoy, if you need anything let me know." She spoke happily.

"Harry already is enjoying it, just with you delivering it to him." Louis said cheerfully to him laughing, wiggling his eyebrows. She laughed too giving me a quick glance, then walked away so we could eat our food. I didn't bother saying anything to Louis, I didn't really mind he said that, it was funny. 

We all began eating, Niall was chowing it down fast like every other meal he has. But I have to say, Niall was right. The food is delicious. After 5 minutes, it wasn't Kate that checked up on us, it was her mom.

"You guys enjoying the food?" She asked smiling. We all responded with a yes, while Niall put a good sign with his hand, he still had food in his mouth, and attempted to be polite without saying something with a load full of food in his mouth. She then walked away pleased we really enjoyed the food. Kate's mom seemed nice, she always had a smile and seemed like a exciting person. Her mom had Kate's hazel eyes, but had light brown hair unlike Kate's dark hair. She was pretty though, just like Kate. Later on, Kate's mom stopped by and delivered the bill. I'm not really sure where Kate was. I think she was at the front counter. We all pulled out our wallets and chipped in together for the bill. That's when Kate came walking in. I just stared at her, I couldn't help it.  I was completely mesmerized by her beauty. Kate really does have a beautiful smile, she should really smile more. She took the check with money and said a goodbye to all of us.

"It was great having you guys eat here, I hope to see you guys again." She said. They all said bye to her, Louis said bye gorgeous to her. I think all the boys knew they would probably see her again, counting that I told them I asked her on a date. All the guys left except for me. I walked up to Kate, bouncing on the balls of my feet. My hands were tucked into my pockets.

"So about that date, can I have your number?" I smiled. 

"Oh. Yeah ofcourse, that might help you out a bit." She giggled and pulled out a notepad with a pen and wrote down her number with her name on it. She had good hand writing. Right beside her name she added a little smiley to it.

"Thanks, I'll text you about that date soon." I smiled at her, and leaned in and kissed her cheek. As I backed away, her cheeks were so pink, pretty much red. I was extra pleased with myself that I did ask her on a date this night. I don't regret asking her too soon at all.

"Alright, have a good night Harry. " 

"Goodnight, can't wait to see the rosy cheeks again." I laughed and turned away, thinking of her beautiful smile. I could sense she had a smile on her face as I walked away outside the door, to meet the guys in the car. I couldn't even help myself, right when I got into the car sitting beside Zayn, I decided to text her. I looked at the message I was about to send her, then pressed send. After it said 'Message Sent', I smiled wildly with my dimples showing.

Thank you for all reading guys, I didn't expect to see that many people who read my story so far, counting this is my first story. xx 5 comments? :-)