21

Briley's POV

"I really did love you Bry." was the last thing Seth said and then, BANG! He shot himself. He was only three feet from me and blood splattered all over me. I heard screaming then realized it came from me, so I shut up.

"Miss you can stand up slowly. Keep your hands where we can see them." one of the cops came to me and helped me up. He also gave me a towel and led me to my kitchen away from the body.

"I recorded the whole thing since I walked in." Drew said handing his phone to the cop next to me. "He confessed to murdering her father."

"We'll take a look, but in the mean time don't leave the state while we conduct an investigation." he said.

After some routine questions and checking for registration and a permit on my gun, the police assured me I had nothing to worry about and told both Drew and I that we were free to leave. I watched as they loaded up the body and covered him with a sheet.

"I can't believe he killed my dad." I said more to myself than anyone else.

"I'm sorry Bry." Drew hugged me.

"The whole time we dated everything was a lie. All of it!" I felt tears running but I couldn't make them stop.

"Oh my god Briley!" Wes's voice made me pull out of Drew's embrace. "I saw them wheeling out a body an I swear I almost went into cardiac arrest. Thank Jesus you're okay." he pulled me into his arms as I continued to cry.

"I'll give you two a minute." Drew said softly.

"Thanks again for coming when you did Drew." I told him.

He nodded and shot me a small smile. "No problem Tiny."

Wes's POV

She was shaking as she cried into my chest. I held onto her tightly as if this would be the last time. She had Seth's blood all over her but I couldn't care less. Seeing that body made me realize jut how much Briley means to me.

"I love you so so so much Briley." I rocked us from side to side. "I'm so sorry I wasn't here sooner but I was stuck in traffic on the 101. Then I called Drew." I explained and she looked up at me.

She put her hand over my mouth to shut me up and smiled sadly. "I'm just glad you're here now, and I love you too."

Third Person POV (This is just to tie up loose ends. There will be more to the story though.)

Over the next few months the investigation on Seth came to a close and the police proved he indeed killed Ben Matthews. They also faxed everything they found to Ohio and the football coach along with the mayor and some others were arrested for drug trafficking and conspiracy to commit murder. Briley was kind of a mess after Seth killed himself so close to her but Wes tried to keep her busy. She went to therapy a few times and she talked to her mom a lot, overall she was okay though.

Briley also received a letter in the mail from the police station her dad worked at. It was a letter her dad had written after the divorce and given to his partner to give to Briley should he ever die. It said how much he loved her and her mother, and how he left to keep her safe.

After a few long months Briley finally was at peace with everything that had happened. She forgave her father for leaving and stopped blaming herself. She finally had closure. She was a whole new girl.