NINE

NINE

Saint grimaced. The throbbing pain at the side of his head and the sudden onset of hot acid rising to his throat had him running towards his own personal restroom. It was probably the tenth time he had done it since he woke up that morning after that Knight Bus clubbing.

He had given up thinking earlier, trying so hard to remember what had transpired after Perth had brought them back from his office. The last clear memory he has was when he saw Plann being too clingy with Mean that his cousin had to push him off a few times. He had received multiple text messages from his cousin asking him if he was home and okay. Which pretty much tells him that it wasn't him who had brought him home. Plann was out of the question either because his friend was too drunk even before he realized that he was way off his alcohol limit as well.

And Perth? Probably not. It was a known fact that his grandfather had this unexplained dislike with his childhood friend. And so although they were close like peas and carrots, Perth do not visit or hang out at Saint's home at all. Lately, he had been dropping him off outside the gate and waits until Saint is safely inside then drives away.

He had yet to talk to his sister too. She had left him a note too short he had instantly got terrified to face her.

"Call me" – Dara

Saint has to shiver at the thought of her sister scolding and threatening him. There were only a few instances that he was put under Dara's scrutiny and most of those times he wished to never happen again.

---

Sunday had always been a bad day for Perth. Rest day be damn because he's back at his office making sure that Saturday night ends well and everything is ready to start another week. He had phoned Mark to make sure he comes and Mean was already on his way.

He stared at his desk, documents and notes mixed together in a pile with an unpolished black opal on top. He squinted, as it reminds him of Saint's eyes. Black and beautiful.

There was a sudden jolt of excitement that ran through his spine as his mind brings him back to last night. He knew he will never get that chance to be that close with him again. Unless he does something about it.

A smile had crept into his lips remembering how Saint leaned so close to him he could hear his heartbeat. His breathing against his neck seemed like music to his ears he swears he could live just listening to him breath.

Sighing, Perth shook his head.

He knew he wasn't gay. But Saint had been such a beautiful person. Someone he could never hate nor leave. Someone he knew he cares for. He likes him of course. More than a friend could ever like another. But is it really love?

Perth of course had to weigh everything. This was not something he could just jump into and could just walked away if he decided otherwise.