TWELVE

TWELVE

Morning came too slow for Saint. He had not been able to sleep at all. How could he when all he could think about is Perth. The Perth who had always been protective and affectionate with him. There were times that he had been frustrated of him. For limiting him to do things on his own, for disagreeing with any decisions he makes.

Many times in the past he would talk himself out of his feelings for Perth. He was sure he wouldn't swing his way because Perth was someone so principled and masculine there was no way in any chance that he could like him back. He had held all his feelings for the other for too long that in his 10th grade, a few months before his parents' death he started to build a wall between them. He can't stand looking at him because he would end up ogling and admiring him more.

On the month of his parents' passing, Saint was so broken that he had let his frustration take over and became someone he was not. He and Perth argued often with nonsense things and reasons and Perth would only walked away in anger.

He weren't home much either. Too afraid to see the helplessness in his sister's eyes. She had always been strong. Perhaps too strong that Saint hated how she appeared to have moved on.

Then Saint got into parties and alcohol. Mean would occasionally pick him up to bring his drunk ass home. He would ignore his cousins rambling about his partying and warns him about the danger he was facing if he continues being that way. Often times Mean would threaten him into telling Perth about what he was doing and Saint would only argue back that Perth must have known already but didn't care much.

A month after being parentless, Saint felt inadequate and alone. He wanted to be loved. To feel that someone cares about him. So he had turned into this social slut. Although popular already with his peers and at school. Saint wanted more. He had loved everyone's attention and often times those who had given him more had been the men he met.

Of course he had dated them, held their hands and hugged them. But kissing and sex was something he treasures and so every advances with him, he rejected. Until Max happened. He was so unlike others. Strong willed, lean and tanned. His messy black hair, smiley eyes and dark irises reminds him so much of Perth. But unlike his best friend Max was so accepting of Saint that he thought he had finally found someone who could love him.

Saint could taste bitterness in his tongue as memories of Max and him flashes through his mind.

Perth...

His decisions and actions, although appears to be unreasonable and maddening have always been right.

---

It was already around two in the afternoon when Mean showed up in their campus hangout area alone and looking rather frustrated. His morning classes were toxic and the sudden discussion of the final Thesis had his head spinning that he wanted to puke. The remaining alcohol in his system wasn't helping either. He just dropped off Saint to his afternoon class after almost forcing him to eat lunch and he has been called to Perth's house just now.

Opening his car's window without any attempt to go out, he had nodded to Mark and Tam, calling them in.

"Take Saint home first at five. We'll see you at camp" He instructed before driving away leaving the rest of their boys with Mark.

---

There's this sudden chillness through his bones upon entering Perth's home. Mean deeply sighed, the feeling of déjà vu engulf him. This had happened before. Same scenario. Same feelings. Only this time the people around them could no longer threaten Perth of anything. His friend had made sure to establish himself superior to a lot of them. Yes! even to his father.