THIRTEEN

THIRTEEN

The week was long, obviously dragged by heavy regrets and emotions brought by what happened on the weekend before that. Plann was only able to go to school that Wednesday telling Saint he was almost in a coma state for 3 days due to a bad case of hangover. Mean did drop him off the bus stop, cursing the other for being so heartless for letting him almost crawl in and out of the bus by himself.

Saint was all miserable that week too. He hated how every time he goes out of his classroom, he would expect Perth to be there waiting for him. Instead he would only see Mean or Mark sometimes Tam to pick him up. Obviously very disappointed by the lack Perth's presence in his life, Saint that Thursday, even against Dara and his grandfather's will had bought himself a new white Rover for the reason of not wanting to burden his cousin and friends any longer.

Dreading for the weekend with no known plans for himself, since Dara will be travelling back to Korea for a week and never wanting to spend it with his grumpy sick grandfather, Saint begged Plann for a weekend getaway to Hua Hin. Which his friend gladly agreed to go without even a second thought.

---

They were in the middle of putting their 3 days' worth of clothes at the back of Saint's rover when Mean arrived, clearly surprise to see Plann and Saint with their luggages in tow.

"Where are you two going?" he inquired, not missing the guilt that flashed through Saint's eyes. Since he'd been back in Thailand, his cousin had always been with him, driving him around if he needs to go somewhere. Mean had always been his pillar of support and he dislikes the feeling of not telling Mean about this trip.

Saint looked from Mean to Plann then back to Mean as if thinking on what to do. Shrugging, he decided to just tell the other his plans.

"This baby needs a break-in" He patted the back door of his Rover. "We are driving to Hua Hin now for a test drive. We will be back on a few days. Maybe Sunday?" Saint said looking at Plann for confirmation, a little hesitant on their own schedule.

"I'm coming then" Mean answered. Throwing his own keys to one of Saint's housekeepers then opening the door to the passenger seat, ignoring the protest of his stubborn cousin.

Plann just looked at the two confuse. He had known that the two cousins were really close. And wasn't aware that there was an ongoing conflict between them. Although he had known that something happened between Perth and Saint since his friend was able to share to him tidbits of what really happened and the fact that Perth was not showing himself in the college of arts building for 5 long days.

Plann planted himself in the backseat and watched as Mean crossed his arms in front of him stubbornly. While Saint seated himself on the driver's seat awkwardly pouting at the sudden appearance of his only cousin. He had thought he could really get away from anything who would remind him of a certain someone.

"Do not look at me like that. The last time I let you do this you took off to Korea the next days and didn't comeback for 5 damn years" Mean grunted, only sparing his cousin a glance. "And I will inform Perth about this too"

"But Mean!" Saint protested. Didn't like the idea of him knowing this trip either. Although he was sure that the guy would not care anymore. The five days of not seeing him only proves that the friendship was over. For Saint, it was quiet clear what Perth had chosen.

"No! I can deal with your stubborn ass but never with Perth. Whether he do something about this or he won't. That is up to him." Mean dismissed. "Are we going or not?" Mean asked. "We'll probably arrived around seven in the evening. Have you book our hotel?"

Saint looked at his cousin incredulously before sighing so hard. He wanted to tell him he was annoyed but the latter just ignore him as if he hadn't done anything wrong.