I Have What?!

Splinter could believe his ears. His youngest son, his brightest spirit, had a asthma? Why hadn't he noticed before?

He never saw any warning signs. Mikey did just fine during sparring, though he did run to his room very often.

He was currently in the dojo, meditating. Maybe it was just happening? Mikey never mentioned breathing problems.

"What is the matter, Donatello?" He asked a while earlier, noticing how frazzled Donnie looked.

"I'm worried Sensei, this doesn't make any sense." He sighed, rubbing his head tiredly. Splinter sat down next to him.

"What doesn't?" He asked softly. "Well...If Mikey is developing asthma, then an attack would be very mild." Donnie replied.

"And you are worried because his attack was severe and sudden? Do you think he's been hiding something?" Splinter asked.

"Exactly, he wouldn't have such a severe attack, and that means he must have had breathing problems before." Donnie replied.

"Hmm, I wonder why he'd hide something that? You might hang to talk to him before jumping to conclusions." Splinter said.

Donnie agreed and sighed. He headed back to his lab. That was a few hours ago. And Mikey showed no change.

Donnie was in his lab still, watching over Mikey closely for any sign of labored breathing. It was almost an hour since he was brought to the lab.

"Come on little brother, open your eyes so I can find out what's going on with you." Donnie murmured to a sleeping Mikey.

The only thing keeping him from losing hope was Mikey's plastron moving up and down very slowly. At least he knew Mikey was alive, and still breathing.

A half hour later, it happened. Mikey's eyes very slowly opened a crack and he quickly shut them when he saw the bright light.

Donnie quickly dimmed the lights so they weren't so bright for Mikey and called everyone in. "Leo, Raph, father!" He yelled.

They all came running in a panic. "Is he ok? Did he stop breathing? Is he still alive?" Leo asked frantically.

Donnie raised his hands in a calming manner. "Relax Leo, he's fine he's just waking up." He said reassuringly.

Leo nodded and blushed. "Sorry, I was just worried." He said. "It's fine Leo, we all are." Raph replied.

They were all hovering over Mikey's bed, holding his hands for reassurance as they murmured words of encouragement.

"Come on Mike, open your eyes baby brother." Raph murmured, his voice unusually soft as he gently squeezed Mikey's hand.

Mikey's pov:

Darkness. That's all I saw. What happened? Where am I? Did I die? Why can I suddenly breathe a thousand times better?

I hear a voice...sounds like Donnie? But...that means...I'm alive? I thought I suffocated to death...they saved me!

"Open your eyes, little brother."

Was that Raph? I open my eyes to see a very bright light and they immediately get dimmed.

I hear all my brothers and Master Splinter talking, telling me to open my eyes

"Come on Mikey..."

I'm trying!

I slowly cracked open my drowsy baby blue eyes and saw four blurry faces. Red, Blue, Purple and brown. My family.