She's Up

Brooklyn's POV
"I think she's waking up." My eyes fluttered open to Sam's voice. "What the absolute hell were you fucking thinking!" Sam shoved me back as I began to sit up.

I took in a deep breath and shook my head. I heard a sigh and I reopened my eyes. "Can I sit up now?"
"Are you gonna run away and get drugged again. Brooklyn-...are you okay?" I nodded at Sam and looked behind her to see Alex and Christen standing sheepishly behind Sam. Christen's eye were on Sam and Alex were on me. I knew that one of them would come after me I just don't know who.

"Who came down the alley?" I looked at Sam hoping it was her. "You need to thank Alex, not me." She knew exactly what was going through my mind. I stood up and shyly smiled at Alex who was still standing behind Sam still.

"Christen and I have things to talk about, so you cool with us leaving you with Alex for awhile?" I gave a small nod and watched them leave. I felt a small pain shoot through my chest when Christen's arm went around Sam's shoulder and she smiled at her.
I want that.

"Are you feeling okay?" My head turned towards Alex and I nodded. I couldn't quite figure out the look on her face. "What did she say while I was asleep?"

Alex's facial expression quickly changed to a worried expression. "Umm we just sort of talked about you-like what you like. Nothing bad I promise! She was just telling us more about the two of you."

"I really didn't think you would care."

"Of course I would you're my-teammate. You're interesting Brooklyn. I promise you're someone I'm never going to forget."

I looked at her hesitant to say the words that were on the tip of my tongue. If I say this its gonna seem rude, but its just what I really thought she was.

"You're obviously debating saying something or not...just say it." I shook my head. The small, microscopic part of me that was nice held the comment in. "I wasn't...how much do you know about Christen and Sam's situation?"

She was slightly taken off gaurd by my question, but I don't care. I want to know and I need to know. I also deserve to know everything going on.

"I don't really know anything...or should I say any more than you." I raised an eyebrow at her knowing that was bs. She totally knew a thing or two about the whole situation.

"What? I don't plus, we don't need to worry about them, worry about you right now. You never quite answered my original question, how are you feeling?"

I gave her a small shrug. "I guess I'm okay I don't really feel different, so I take that as a good thing."

"Yea that sounds good. I know they're gonna be talking for awhile, so how about we do something together?" I gave her a small shrug. Alex, you're 30 how could you be that eager to hang out with a 15 year old.

"You still seem like you don't want me around. You really do need to get to know your teammates."
"Is that the only reason you're talking to me?"

"Okay look, I totally understand that you're not used to this exact environment. I get it that you're a little concerned about your friend right now, but I just saved your life. You could be a little thankful, but right now you couldn't get away from me any quicker, what did I do?!"

She looked at me more frustrated than angry.

"Thank you."

"Really, really? That's all you're going to say?" She put her hands behind the back of her head and looked at me confused.

"Thank you for saving my life?"

She sighed and walked away. "Please don't leave this room alone. Sorry that you don't want to be around me. I'll leave."