Alternate Ending Pt. 1

Alex's POV

"Has she woken up yet?" The nurse shook her head at Tabitha. She let out a sigh as we walked into the room. I walked up to the bed and sat down next to it. I just want you to wake up Brooklyn, please wake up.

"She'll wake up. I know she will."

"I hope so."

"I know so. It's Brooklyn. I bet she got it from you, but she a fighter. It's amazing how strong of a will this kid has."

"I don't know if I would say I have an extremely strong will."

"I would. Brooklyn idolizes you, so I know a thing or two about you. She's made you sound pretty amazing to me."

"I guess I'm a fighter, but not as strong as her."

"Kids are just the 2.0 version of ourselves aren't they?"

"Mine is. She's so much better than me."

"Sam is calling I'll be right back." Tabitha left room on the phone leaving us alone. I grabbed her hand and ran my thumb across it. I jumped when I felt her hand move a bit. I quickly released it and looked at her confused. She wasn't waking up. She moved her hand though.

"Okay, sorry I'm back. Sam and Christen are almost here."

"I think her hand moved..."

"I don't think she's waking up yet." Tabitha cautiously walked over towards the bed.

"I might be imagining things, but I think she did. I don't know." I looked back at her and she shrugged unknowingly.

"No actually I think I just saw her move."

"Let's get her doctor in here." A second or two the words left my mouth a couple of monitors began to go off in her room. Doctors flooded the room and we were pushed out into the hall. I paced back in front outside as I looked in and saw frantic doctors running around.

"Alex?" I turned around and saw Sam and Christen run up to me. "What's happening to Brooklyn?" Sam looked at the window frantically, then back at me.

"I-I don't know. Everything just started beeping." I shook my head at everything happening around me.

"Why did they all stop moving? Tabitha? Alex? Christen? What's the hell is happening?!"

One of the doctors came out and let out a sigh. "She's stable for now. It's going to be a hard fight for her, but I believe that she has a good chance at making it. If you want you can all go in and see her as long as everyone stays calm and quiet."

"Thank you. Alex why don't you just have a minute with her?" Tabitha looked at me and I nodded my head. I felt my palms sweating as I sat down next to the hospital bed.

I grabbed her smaller pale hands and held it in mine. "I know you can win this fight. I love you and I just got you back. I can't lose you again. I need you now Brooklyn, you can't give up you can't leave me."

I looked up behind me when I felt two arms wrap around my body. Christen and Sam walked into the room. Sam stood on the other side of the bed while Christen held me comfortingly.

"She'll be okay. It's Brooklyn, I know she will." Sam gave me a comforting smile and sat down in the chair beside her bed.

"I pray that you're right."

"Alex, she'll be okay." I looked over Sam's shoulder and saw someone who possibly cared about her as much as Sam.

"Is she okay?!" Sarah collapsed into Sam's arms as she began to sob at the sight in front of her.

"She's gonna be fine." Sam conforted their friend.

"Oh my god." A big smile rose to my face as I felt a small squeeze to my hand. Her eyes fluttered open and looked at around the room.

"What happened?" She looked around confused.

"Hey...you're okay. You were in a pretty bad car crash after coming home." I held her hand as Sarah and Sam reached out and held hers softly in between theirs.

"Am I gonna be okay?"

"That's up to you." Sam sniffled a bit, but a smile broke onto her face as she saw her friend talking again.

"Alex...I'm sorry I didn't go home with you-."

"That's not important right now. Everythings going to be alright and we'll figure things out later. Okay?"

"Okay..." Her voice faded off as her eyes closed.

"She just needs to rest for awhile and you guys need food or something...she's going to be okay." Tabitha came in and gathered everyone.

"I think I'm gonna stay behind and just sit with her for awhile." Sarah looked at Brooklyn nervously then back towards us.

"Yea...that's okay." Sam and Tabitha exchanged looks and lead us out of the room. "Sarah's in love with Brooklyn isn't she?" I stopped Sam and she gave a soft smile and nodded.

"Yet Brooklyn has never figured it out..." Sam and Tabitha shook their head and smiled.

"Maybe it'll take Brooklyn almost dying for Sarah to finally just say it." We all laughed as we grabbed food and paid.

"We should go wait in the room in case she needs anything. I don't want to leave Sarah with all the work." Tabitha told us and we followed her back.

Sam was the first to reach the window and stuck out her arm stopping everyone. "Wait...I'm not quite sure she has to say it anymore." We all curiously peeked around corner of the window and smiled.

Brooklyn was sitting up with Sarah smiling at her and slowly pushing hairs behind her ear. They both were inches away from eachothers face. "Omg kiss already." Sam whispered and we all had to hold in a laugh.

"Oh my god she finally did it." Sam's jaw dropped as Sarah leaned forward and connected her lips to Brooklyn's. It was short but they both pulled away with a shy smile.

"Okay go time. Hey Sarah we got you chips." Sam smiled and tossed the bag onto the bed.

"Thanks." Brooklyn nor Sarah broke eye contact with eachother all they did was stare as the rest of us smiled at one another.