2: The Moon is Gone

I didn't know how long I tuned out. I stopped breathing a moment ago and I could feel myself getting lightheaded.

"..Di."

"Di...di"

"Di.."

"WANG HEDI!"

I snapped out of my thoughts as I hear Xize shout through the phone.

"Do you mean.." I trailed off, scared to find out.

"Gosh man, not like that. She's not dead."

All the air rush through me at once, I felt relieved. She wasn't dead. But wait.

"But what do you mean she's gone?"

I hear him sigh on the phone, some shuffling and whispers could be heard in the background.

"I'm putting you on speaker. So you can hear me and Jiaqi."

I hummed my agreement. I was up and wide awake now, I too put them on speaker as I ran around my room, getting dressed. There was no time to waste.

"She was supposed to meet me earlier for dinner..." I hear Jiaqi start, her voice full of worry and sadness.

"But she never got back to me. I thought that she just forgot to text me and might be at the restaurant, but when I got there she wasn't there. I left at 11, we were supposed to meet at 10."

"Did you ask the restaurant to keep their eyes peeled?" I ask her in a hurry.

"Ofcourse! But they close at 1am, and when I called back to them, they said she never arrived."

That was strange, Shen Yue always, no matter what, texts and updates her status with her friends, especially if she's meeting them for something. I know because it was her pet peeve. She didn't like not knowing the whereabouts of her friends as she constantly worries something might have happened to them along the way to meet her. She didn't want anyone worrying about her too so she always texts in advance. This was unlike her.

"I kept texting her and calling her but she hasn't replied since and all her calls go to voicemail."

"Have you contacted anyone yet?"

"I've called her manager, that's it."

"Good good. Don't call her agency yet. They always make the wrong move. I'll call her family."

"Okay. But what are we gonna do now?"

"Hang tight and keep your phone with you."

"But Didi, what are you gonna do?" I can hear Jiaqi's concern as she asks me this.

"The only thing I can do.

Find her." At that, I dropped the call and grabbed my car keys on the way out.

I'm gonna find my moon.

--

I went straight to her condo.

I went and parked in the underground garage. No one will be suspicious since her condo was tightly secured and many high profiles lived here. They were bound to secrecy, whatever happens inside, otherwise they will be facing many lawsuits. This was a good thing for my moon and, I guess, for me too, since I can come and go-which I've been doing for 3 years, ever since she first moved in-without attracting attention from our fans. I also had two cars, my private black BMW i8 Hybrid Protonic and of course, my public BMW i8 Hybrid Protonic Blue. The blue one I used for those days I don't have to hide from the public. The black one I use for anything that I need to keep private. Most days, I use the black BMW, since there are just days I need my personal space.

Once I punched in the code and inserted the key in her door, I opened it to find the place in full darkness.

"Moon?" I called out, hoping she was inside somewhere.

"Shen Yue?" I call out again as I reached the living room that branched off to the open plan kitchen and the hallway towards the Master Suite.

As I look around, I saw a bunch of things strewn about. Some magazines, newspaper clippings, scrunched up paper. There was no dishes in the sink, and as I opened the refrigerator, I took note of the emptiness of it-save for the bottle of water.

"MoonYue?" I called out for the third time, turning to go to the Master Suite.

Once I arrived, I noticed that the room was a mess-not it's usual organized self. It didn't look like there was a struggle here though. It looked like someone was in a hurry to leave-and as I checked one of the wardrobe doors open, I noticed that one of Yue's luggage was missing and her LV duffle bag that I gave her to match mine.

I sat on her bed, trying to think.

My Moon wasn't missing. She's gone. Gone and ran away. From what?

As I pondered this, I took out my phone and dialled her phone number. And just like Jiaqi said, it went straight to voicemail. I decided to leave her one.

"Shen Yue. Moon. Where are you? Tell me what's wrong? No matter what happened, you know I'm on your side. I'll find you, okay? We can talk then. I love you. Call me back."

I breathed out heavily. I scrolled through my phone for another contact. As the phone rang and someone picked up, I tried to calm myself, I need to break the news easily.

"Mama Shen? She's gone." I started crying.

Way to break the news, Wang HeDi. But I couldn't help it, my moon was gone. I know Mama Shen well and although I told her abruptly, she won't react right away.

"My boy, tell me everything."

And I did, in between sniffling and tears.

"Oh no, my baby Yue." After I explained the situation, I could hear her trying not to cry. I can just imagine her hand up to her mouth as she internalized what I told her.

"I'm sorry Ma, if I was just with her, I could have prevented this." I was filled with guilt. Maybe if I insisted on staying over yesterday, or be more attentive towards her, or, or... maybe I could have stopped her from leaving or something.

"Wang HeDi! It's not your fault! Stop blaming yourself!" Mama Shen snapped at me.

"My daughter knows what she's doing. She's hiding from something. But I hope you can find her and bring her back. Safe. Maybe we can help her on what she's going through right now."

Her words brought me hope.

Shen Yue, no matter where you're hiding. I'll find you.

•••••••

This wasn't as good, but I'm drowning in uni work, and it's just my third day back in uni ew... hope this satisfies you for a bit :)

who recognizes the last line? ;)

sorry for late updates on this one! Dyshen keeps on giving us uwu updates, I had to write oneshots for it instead lol

hope this clears things up from last chapter and you now don't want to hit me lol...

So what is Shen yue hiding from? hmmm...

till next time my lovely readers <3

-AB