Epilogue

"Dylan hurry up!"

"Calm down, woman! They can wait."

To think I was the woman but it's actually Dylan that takes longer to get ready.

I was in my room getting the last finishing touches done. All I need to do was zip up my dress at the back, which I need help with but Dylan was holed up in the bathroom doing gosh knows what.

I was in another form fitting dress similar to the one from CNY. Instead of red, it was a nice shade of midnight purple, laced low back and completely off shoulder. I paired it with silver studded pumps and my favorite silver clutch. I kept my makeup simple and the only jewelry I had on was my engagement rings.

It was two days after my birthday. On my birthday, instead of going through Dylan's romantic dinner plans, we decided to spend it with our families and letting them know about our engagement. Our mothers were filled with tears of joy and our fathers were trying to hide theirs behind a mask of accepting nods. I swear I saw them hugging each other crying their eyes out in happiness when they thought no one would go to the study room. But shhhh, let's not tell them that.

Tonight, we were meeting with the boys and girls to tell them the good news. We figured that telling them in person was the least we could do for the friendship that we had and for all the things they have done for us.

I startle when I feel fingers running down my back before the zip was pulled up very slowly.

I look to the mirror in front of me and shivered as I met Dylan's hungry stare. I tilt my head to the side as his front came flushed against my back and his head dipped down to the junction between my neck and shoulder. I almost decided to just not go meet our friends when he placed butterfly kisses on my exposed skin. I enjoyed the attention for a few moments until I had to pull away reluctantly.

I turned in his arms and looped my arms around his neck.

"As much as I'm enjoying being with you, we have to go or we'll be later enough as it is."

I giggle as he groaned and stepped away from me. He went to the bed to pick up his car keys that he must have dropped there before he came over to help me with my dress.

"Let's go then. The sooner we get there, the sooner we can leave." He said as he went to exit my bedroom. I shook my head at his behaviour. Such a wolf.

We were weaving in and out of traffic, almost at the restaurant our friends were currently waiting for us, when I had a thought. I turned to face Dylan as he continued to focus on the road.

"Baobei, how are we going to break the news to them? Just simply tell them?" I ask him as he took one hand off the wheel to grab my own, before entwining our fingers and putting our linked hands on his lap.

"That's so boring and not me." He scoffs as he tightened his hold on my hand.

"Then what then?"

He looked at me briefly and smirked. "I've got some ideas."

I laugh and turned my eyes back on the road. "I'm all ears."

-------------------------

We went in the elegant restaurant and was lead to the table where all our friends were currently at. I made sure my hand with my engagement rings were hidden from their sight. Dylan was doing the same.

Our friends knew of our plans of proposing to each other but they didn't know the outcome. They all thought we were going to say yes to each other, which they were right. But that is what we are using to our advantage on our little scheme.