9: The Rising of the Moon

It's been a few days since that day of professing our undying love for each other. Okay, wait, that sounds so cheesy, yuck. Let me rephrase.

It's been a few days since we officially got together. Days after consists of waking up to my beautiful woman beside me, dressed or undressed. *Wink*

As the days passed, each day was lighter and filled with her beautiful smiles, genuine laughter and overall happiness. We've been spending our time mostly alone, since Saozi and Zheng ge and the others were busy with their daily lives in Wolf town. But of course, they never fail to come join us for dinner every night. Using each dinner as an excuse to catch up and have fun, we tend to have big dinners-almost like it's a Chinese New Year dinner. Which we are having like right now.

"SHEN YUEEEE!!" I shout, frustrated.

I hear her laughter echo from the kitchen.

"Don't call me!" She shouts back with laughter in her voice.

"But the balloon exploded!" I shout again, pouting at my own mystery. I never get why I always end up with these things.

"I exploded too!" She screams, still laughing.

I sigh and give up on trying to spell out "新年快乐" (Xīnnián kuàilè). I hit one of the balloons scattered on the floor as I sat sprawled on the floor. Why they would entrust me to this after what happened last time, or any other times, I don't know. They should know by now I can never be trusted with balloons. They hate me. They are evil incarnate, I thought as I glared at the offending piece of balloon that just popped a second ago.

"Aiyo! Dylan, can you never get these right?" I look up to see Shen Yue with her hands on her hips. She tries to sound mean but I can tell she's controlling her laughter.

I scoffed, "Go ahead, laugh at your boyfriend." Then I turned my back to her. I hear her shuffle across and then I felt her weight on my back as she hugs me from behind. Hmm, I am her boyfriend.

"Hey, stop pouting. You are a grown 24 year-old Wang Hedi." Despite her lecture, I continued to pout. So what?

She released me then appeared in front of me, sitting down and grabbing the balloon that I haven't let go.

"Okay, let's fix this, 好 吧 (Hǎo ba, ok)?" Then she ruffled through the mess and made a triumphant sound when she found what she was looking for.

"I knew you were going to ruin some of the balloons somehow, so I bought more than one, just in case," she says this as she blew up another balloon, winking at my offended face.

"Excuse me? If you knew that, why did you even assign me to it?" I ask her, huffing as I took her lead and blew up more balloons.

She shrugged in reply. Underneath all that angelic exterior is a devil I swear. Do not ever think that Shen Yue is a goody two-shoes, because she is sassy, savage and mean when she wants to be. Maybe that was one of the reasons I liked her from the start and why I was so comfortable with her right away. But let's forget about that first, I'm mad. I glare at her smiling, innocent face. Innocent, my ass. But of course, the effect didn't last long as I over-blew the balloon, again, and so it popped.

Shen Yue yelped at the noise, but then laughed out loud as she saw me glaring at her. Seconds later, she calmed down. She then reached over and cupped the side of my face, still giddy with laughter.

"Ya, stop laughing!"

"I'm sorry, I can't help it." Then she patted my cheek and stood up, "Here you go, put them up on the wall now and please clean up the mess and arrange them."