Chapter 20

She was terrified, everything she did, everywhere she went she waited for Ed's potential attack. His warnings were clear in her head and they swirled around in a pool of anxiety. Her mind never at ease. It was a constant reminder that she had to watch her back, always. Anywhere she went, she made sure she was never alone. Often hiding behind her new boyfriend, Shane. He remained unaware and completely oblivious to what had been unfolding within her. She felt safe around him, there was something about his authority that told her he would never let anything hurt her as long as he had a say in it. Days had gone by, days without incident, days she had spent hiding out from the monster, Ed. Her sanity straying away with each day, her hope kept alive only because of Glenn. She had hope for their future. She had hope that soon, someone would rescue her from the nightmare she had been living in. Someone would come. 

It wasn't all terror she felt, she learned to feel happy. Something she felt she had missed out on for so long. Shane brought that happiness along with security. He would walk her to her tent every night and only under the moonlight he would look deep into her eyes with a smile. That smile that made her heart skip a beat. This was developing into more than just a crush and that terrified her even more. She had craved him and she had him, yet, she was afraid her world would come crashing down on her. 

She stared at herself in the small compact mirror she owned. The bags under her eyes had bags, she hadn't slept. Nobody did. With furrowed eyebrows, she inspected her face more growing irritated with her appearance. Her smooth skin had become engorged with oil and she truly felt disgusted with herself. It was useless, countless times she tried to clean it but without her moisturizer it was a lost cause.

"You look fine." Glenn grumbled at his sister who kept nagging him about her looks. 

"I feel disgusting." She muttered.

"Join the club." Shooting a glare at her brother he sighed. She looked back into the mirror. Glenn put his hands into his pockets and walked closer towards her. "You look beautiful, and Shane will think so too." He told her. She looked up at him and smiled slightly. 

"Thank you." She smiled closing the small mirror. He nodded his head and smiled at her.

"Come on. I gotta pee really bad and you're taking forever." He complained. Kira rolled her eyes. 

"Go ahead and go. I'll be fine." She nodded her head. Glenn looked at her and shrugged. For days she wouldn't let him leave without her. He knew her anxiety was at an all time high since her encounter with the geek and he wanted to help his older sister. 

"You sure?" He asked. She nodded her head.

"I'll meet you by the fire." She assured. "I just need a minute more. But you're right, you go ahead." 

"Thank you." He practically praised her. 

As Glenn left, Kira sat opening the compact again and glancing at herself. She had always been so aware, so quick in catching any appearance mistake. She would always be concerned about her looks, her hair, everything. But now, there was no time for any of that. All she had to feel beautiful was the clothes she had brought with her. Clearing her throat, she closed the compact and walked out of her tent turning out the lamp. With a brave step forward and out of the tent she made her way to where everyone sat around the fire, safely. Shane spotted her and almost instantly a smile erupted on his face. 

"Hello gorgeous." He whispered into her hair as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders. She smiled and looked into his eyes before placing a kiss onto his lips. He smiled pecking her lips more before he pulled away and handed her a plate of the little food he saved for her. She nodded in thanks. 

The fire died down and with it, members of the camp slowly left the circle. Shane was now on watch. Glenn already in bed, she felt new confidence walking to her tent alone. She walked slowly admiring the night sky. That was the thing about being in the city compared to a mountain. The stars never shine as brightly as they do in the wilderness. Soon, she found herself lost in night sky. 

The sound of crunching leaves made her jump and a large hand covered her mouth quickly. She flailed around desperately trying to leave the tight grasp. Loud noise in the leaves echoing in the night and yet it went unnoticed by those in the camp. She clawed at her attacker creating a mess of trails behind him. Ed dragged her away, into the dark forest. 

Clanking of the cans caught his attention as he sat awake in his tent. Merle's loud obnoxious snores filling the tent as he slept peacefully thanks to his drugs. Daryl stood to his feet slowly grabbing his crossbow. He looked around in the dark in suspicion. His eyes landing on the ruffled leaves left behind. He knelt down touching the ground spotting tracks leading into the forest. He stood to his feet and followed them slowly, his crossbow ready for aim. He was prepared for anything at this point. He walked so effortlessly through the loud leaves, his feet not once making a sound. He ducked under the line of cans and into the woods. 

The sound of whimpers could be heard along with something else he couldn't quite decipher. His feet carried him further and he came to a squatted stop as he caught sight of movement. He watched carefully. 

"Please don't." She cried quietly.

"I told ya, you'd pay for it." Ed growled as he removed her panties tossing them behind him. They landed not far from where Daryl was squatted and at first he wasn't sure what was happening. Was Kira fooling around with Ed? Couldn't be. He crept closer to the sight and sure enough he knew he was right when Ed struck Kira across the face and he heard her cry of pain. He stepped forward from the shadows.

Oh my gosh! I actually made it this Wednesday!! YAYYY! Anyway I hope you all enjoyed this chapter be sure to let me know what you think! 

I update on Mondays and Wednesdays!

Vote.

Comment.

Thanks again!

xx
Alexrhee