Chapter 43

Kira awoke the next morning with anger laced throughout her. Who she was angry at? Everyone. It was a constant competition to see who could rile her up more. Shane, Lori, or herself. She hated the fact that Lori was so easily throwing around her attitude and threats. She hated that Shane was just the same. She hated the both of them for what they had done to her. She had plans of spilling their dirty little affair to Rick but restrained herself. It was not her secret to tell. Oh the irony in her situation. She knew a secret being kept from him while he kept hers and Daryl's from the group. She stood at the car looking down as Rick explained the plan to everyone.

"Everybody takes a weapon." Rick said. She reached forward grabbing a machete from the arsenal and examining it closely.

"These aren't the kind of weapons we need. What about the guns?" Andrea complained.

"We've been over that. Daryl, Rick, and I are carrying. Can't have people popping off rounds every time a tree rustles." Shane answered her.

"It's not the trees I'm worried about." She replied.

"Say somebody fires at the wrong moment, herd happens to be passing by. See, then it's game over for all of us. So you need to get over it." Shane responded. Kira glared at the man harshly.

"Yeah, and who put you in charge?" She snapped in his direction. Shane looked at her taken back at her outburst. He blew out a puff of air. It was no secret that the two weren't in a good place since camp. Not everyone understood the issues between the two of them. Most looked at her in shock.

"Kira." Glenn scolded. She looked at him and he shook his head. "Zip it." She scoffed shaking her head at her brother with a roll of her eyes.

"The idea is to take the creek up about five miles, turn around and come back down the other side. Chances are she'll be by the creek. It's her only landmark." Her eyes went up towards Daryl as he spoke.

"Stay quiet and stay sharp. Keep space between you but always stay within sight of each other." Rick added.

"Everybody assemble your packs." Shane said after Rick. As she turned to grab her backpack she felt a hand wrap around my arm. She turned around, half expecting to see Shane. Instead, she came face to face with Glenn who scolded her like she was a misbehaving child.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked. She looked at him blankly.

"What do you mean?" She questioned.

"Kira, you've been pissy since we left the camp outside of Atlanta. What's up?" He asked. She looked behind him to see Lori, Shane, and Daryl watching her. She shook her head as she noticed the attention shifted from Andrea and Dale to her and Glenn.

"I don't know what you're talking about Glenn." She dismissed walking to grab her bag. He looked at her with furrowed eyebrows. He knew his sister and she was never like this. Something was wrong. He turned taking in the looks of others that stared at him questioning.

She followed behind Glenn as they trekked through the forest. They walked for what seemed like an hour when she heard Carl telling his mom that he believed Shane was mad at him. She bit her tongue when she heard Lori's sorry excuse for him being so rude to the boy. She shook her head slightly in irritation. Her surroundings were a blur to her as she couldn't quite pay attention to anything other than her own pent up anger. This was obvious as she ran right into her brother's back as he stopped abruptly. He turned and looked at her shaking his head. Rick gestured for them to kneel so she knelt down looking over the leaves at a tent.

"She could be in there." Shane said as he stood above her.

"There could be a whole bunch of things in there." Daryl stated walking closer slowly. Kira stood up and watched him move carefully. They waited for Rick to call them over before they walked any closer. When he did, they stepped closer.