Chapter 21

He stepped forward from the shadows. The leaves crunching below his feet as he made his presence known.  Crossbow raised as he stalked forward until it was aimed at the back of Ed's head. Frozen and tense, Ed stopped what he was doing to the girl putting his hands up slowly. Kira's sobs could be heard as they echoed through the night, now that his hand was no longer occupied around her mouth.

"Pull up 'ur pants and get the hell outta 'ere." Daryl spoke lowly. Ed's posture relaxed and he chuckled as he stood to his feet. Kira looked between the two men as tears cascaded down her face. Her bottom lip trembled. Hope evident in her face. Was it all finally over?

"You want a turn? Lemme finish and ya can have her." Ed spoke his voice predatory causing an eruption of goosebumps to appear on her skin. Her stomach rumbled as a sickly feeling made itself known. Daryl's eyes flickered from her to Ed and back again before he lowered his crossbow letting it fall to his side. He nodded his head slowly. Her hope lost and instead more fear evident on her face. Her sobs starting up again as more shame ran through to her soul. It would never be over. Ed's evil smirk found it's way to his face before he turned his back to the man lowering himself down to the helpless woman. Daryl turned his back feeling lost in the situation. He knew nothing of this girl and was not responsible for her, he had no reason to be there. Hell, no one had ever been there for him. He had fought his way out of every terrible thing that happened to him. Let the girl fight this herself. She probably brought it on herself anyway.

"No. Please." She cried out as a choked sound escaped her lips. As Daryl walked off slowly her voice began to sound muffled as if the man had put something over her mouth to muffle her cries. She was now eating a piece of clothing in attempts to cry out for anyone. Shane. Shane was on watch he would surely hear her. Taking two steps back to where camp was, something stopped Daryl. The sound of her muffled cries ate away at him, he shook his head as a feeling erupted in his gut. A feeling he knew all too well, anger. Dropping his crossbow to the ground, he turned toward the crime that was being committed. He stalked to Ed and pulled him off of her roughly. An uncontrollable feeling getting the best of him. He lifted a fist and connected it to his face once causing the drunk to immediately pass out. Daryl stood to his feet and took one glance at the terrified woman whose blouse was ripped open exposing her chest. A piece of clothing stuffed into her mouth. His eyes lingered on her in an indescribable hunger. He made eye-contact, his greyish blues meeting her chocolate browns.

The fear in her eyes telling him all too well what she had thought of him. He shook his head once breaking eye contact. Angrily, he snatched up his crossbow and left her alone with an unconscious Ed.

She sat up in surprise watching as the man walked off into the woods. With tears streaming down her face she removed the clothing that was stuffed into her mouth. She looked down at her exposed chest and began to button her blouse. Her lips trembled as she looked over Ed's unconscious body. She had let her guard down and this happened. God, she was so stupid. She stood to her feet slowly pulling her jeans up along with her. She wiped her running nose with her arm and sniffled before walking in the direction of camp slowly. Her tears leaving a trail behind her.

That night she wondered if she would have been dead if it weren't for Daryl. Would she be lying in some random ditch off the highway left to the geeks? Or buried? Or would she live in the same nightmare over and over again. It seemed as if now she were. Death was a sweet escape from her tormentor and her tormentor may have been knocked out but he was very much alive. Not for long now that Daryl knew what was happening. In some sense, she hated the fact that he knew. She felt dirty enough already and now that someone else knew, it were as if he thought so too. The disgust she felt with herself had doubled. He had seen her in her weakest state and it was embarrassing. She could only imagine how Daryl had seen it. She was the doe and Ed was the hunter preying on his meal. Daryl was the bystander who almost didn't protest to the hunt. How could she be happy as a helpless creature? She couldn't. She had to change. Maybe someday, she would acquire the strength required to take her rapist out. Baby steps we'll get there.

Daryl only went so far. His body was restless as he paced back and forth in anger. The anger that radiated off of him only due to the fact that he cared. Or at least he thought he did. That thought alone pissed him off. He had never cared before. Now this woman, this woman who wouldn't spare him a single glance in the real world had this effect on him. Since the very first moment he had seen her, blood trickling down her forehead in the night, she struck him by surprise. She tickled his thoughts in ways no woman ever had before. He wanted her but didn't know how to admit that to himself. Didn't know how to accept it. He cursed Shane for not saving her first, for being so oblivious to what was happening in the night. He cursed Ed for hurting her multiple times. He cursed himself for letting his mind indulge in the thought of her. The beautiful Kira Rhee.

Hello Happy Monday! I hope you're all having a great day so far. And I hope this chapter made your day a little bit better! Anyway, thank you all so much for reading! I update on Monday's and Wednesday's.

Vote.

Comment.

Share.

xx
Alexrhee