XX

20 Weeks

"Are you excited?" Gabi asked me

"Are you kidding? I can't hardly wait."

She just finished applying my lipstick when she stepped back to admire her work.

"Perfect." she beamed

I turned around to look into the mirror and was pleased with the completion of my makeup. We set everything up in Gabi's old bedroom since we were having the gender reveal at her parents' house.

I stripped to my underwear so that I could change into my blush colored dress that showed off my growing bump. Gabi helped me step into the dress and patted down any leftover wrinkles.

"You look beautiful." she smiled

"You think so? I've been gaining so much weight lately."

"That's what's supposed to happen."

"I know, but you weren't this big with Angelo and-"

"Honey, you're carrying two babies. I was carrying just one."

"Right." I nodded my head

"It's normal to feel like you're big as a house. Just remember that you're gaining weight for your babies and as soon as you have them, I'll be your work out buddy."

"Okay." I laughed, "That helps."

"Alright, well if you're ready, let's go find out what we're having."

"We?"

"Yes, we. You know we're in this thing together. I don't care if your baby daddy is around."

"Thanks Gabi." I hugged her

She hugged me back cautiously because of my stomach.

"Of course."

It was like prom with everyone waiting for me to come down the stairs. Gabi walked ahead of me so that everyone could see me as I met Giovanni at the bottom of the stairs. He held his hand out for me to take and gripped it tightly.

"You ready?" he whispered into my ear

"Of course."

He was wearing khakis, a blue t-shirt, and sneakers. He looked...comfortable. Something I wasn't used to. He escorted me to the back yard and everyone followed. Giorgio was already there, dressed similarly to Giovanni.

Gabi and Langston gathered everyone together and announced the beginning of the gender reveal. Giovanni and Giorgio took their place on the lawn and Francesco placed balls on the grass below them.

The whole family had cameras and phones ready for photos and videos. Langston announced a countdown.

"Five...four...three...two...one!"

Both Giovanni and Giorgio kicked their soccer balls simultaneously, spreading colored powder everywhere.

Blue and pink completely covered the ground. Everyone shouted in excitement; Giovanni quickly made his way over to me, more excited than a kid in a candy store.

"I told you one was a boy." he gleamed

I wrapped my arms around his neck and went in for a kiss. He kissed me back deeply but pulled away to cheer. His male relatives shouted with him as I rolled my eyes playfully. He returned his attention back to me and lowered himself to become eye level with my stomach.

"Nasir Giovanni  and Violetta Olivia." he rubbed my belly

"That has a nice ring to it." I smiled