Twelve

I sit in the water, just at the edge of the sand, staring up at the stars as they twinkle above me.

There is so much swirling around in my head right now.

I wonder what my dad is doing right now in prison. Is he eating dinner? Working out? Is he doing okay? I wish I didn't care about him. But at the end of the day, he's still my father and we did have a good eighteen years together. There's no way I can completely erase all of those memories.

I wonder if my mom, Hillary, and those other women my dad murdered are resting in peace now? I hope they are. Now that justice has been served, I think it will be easier from here for everyone.

I wonder if this little baby growing inside me will end up being anything like my mom? Maybe he or she will have her eyes and I can look into them every day and see my mom again.

I wonder if Tyler and I will be together forever. With the most stressful part of our lives just ahead of us, will we be able to make it through? We were able to get through court together which honestly surprised me. I thought the stress it brought into all of our lives would be the thing that ended me and him.

I wonder what him and I will do after the baby is born. Will we stay in the house with everyone or will we look for our own place? Will the rest of the family be okay without us?

So much is happening and I feel like my youth is flashing before my eyes. There is so much to worry about in my future.

I thought my dad going to prison would be the hardest thing I had to worry about in my life.

Turns out, it was only just the beginning.

What if things never get better than they are right now? What if this is the happiest I will ever be in my life?

I just don't want this to be the peak in my life.

I'm happy. I'm truly happy. I feel free for the first time since my mom died. I am happy with everything in my life.

Author's note: oh. My. God. Guys!!

I just wrote the biggest plot twist this series has ever seen! I can't wait for you guys to read it.

Hint: 🧔🏻🔪👬👶🏼✈️

What could it mean?

I'm so sorry this chapter is so short and lame 😭😭