Chapter 6 ~ Sharp (Angst Warning)

A/N (Must Read before continuing this chapter)

This chapter will contain content such as; Cutting, depression, and other touchy subjects.

If you are uncomfortable with these subjects, please skip this chapter. You won'tmiss anything important, this is just to establish how things are going after the death of USSR. (Spoiler whoops)

Thanks~  

______________________________________

           Russia broke off as the emotions became too much to bare. 

-Flashback(kinda?)-

          "Russia! I-it's dad- He's-" Ukraine was cut off with her own choke of emotion.

          "He's dead." She finished. When she realized there was silence on the other line, she called her brother's name, worrying about how he'd take it. 

-End of Flashback-

          America frowned, only being able to imagine what was wrong. "It's okay, you don't need to tell me." He comforted, rubbing his back. After a while of Russia crying into his palms and America mumbling reassuring words, the bell rang. Russia decided to skip the rest of school and go home while America continued with his day, worrying about his love. 

          Meanwhile, Russia was slowly making his way home, the chilly autumn breeze drying the tears on his face. He'd heard his phone going off with phone calls and messages from concerned friends but he'd ignored them all, turning off his phone completely. A shuffle could be heard so he paused, looking around until it suddenly ceased. 

        Though he could still feel someone staring at him, he brushed it off as an animal and continued on his way. When he made it home, he went straight to his room and locked the door. Throwing his bag on the floor Russia sat at the foot of his bed and took off his ushanka and stared at it blankly. After only a few seconds of looking at the hat his father had gotten him when he was little, the tears started flowing. Burying his face into his hands, the tall countryhuman sobbed uncontrollably. 

~Meanwhile~

          After school ended, America left school without waiting for Canada. He hadn't seen Russia for the rest of the day nor was he replying any of his messages or calls. Worry for Russia urged America to go to his house, so he did. After texting UK and Canada where'd he'd be, he started on the sidewalk. America coughed every now and then, causing him to wonder if he were starting to get sick. 

           Deciding the walk would take a while, he pulled out his phone and earbuds and played some music, zoning out to the songs that seemed to go by too quickly for him to enjoy them. Before he knew it, he was outside the door. America could hear yelling inside and wondered if he should just leave. He was about to turn around when the thought of Russia enduring loss alone gave him enough determination to knock. 

          The yelling from inside ceased immediately. He waited for a second before the door opened, Kazakhstan looking at him from the doorway. "What do you want?" America wasn't surprised by his tone when he replied, "Is Russia home?" Kazakhstan's eyes narrowed as he glanced behind him. When he looked back, America could tell he was about to say no, so, before the slightly taller country could speak even a single syllable, he said, "Please?" 

          Kazakhstan sighed as he stepped aside to let him through. Inside, Belarus was on the couch crying into a pillow while yelling from Ukraine could still be heard from upstairs. America quietly followed the noise to find Ukraine yelling at a door in Russian. It was silent on the other side of the door though, which made America's worry highten. "You shouldn't be alone during this, Russia!" Ukraine yelled, her voice cracking from the strain.

         Everything went silent for a minute before she noticed America watching with a frown. They looked at each other for a heartbeat before Ukraine turned to her own room, admitting defeat. America walked up to his door quietly knocked. "Уходи! Разве ты не понимаешь?! " Russia yelled. He sounded both angry and upset. "Russia, It's me." America said, hoping he'd open the door. After a long silence America started to get worried.

          "Russia?" America called. No response. "Say something or i'm breaking in." America spoke sternly, his heart rate raising. When Russia still didn't respond, America backed up and threw his backpack down. He took a breathe before quickly raising his foot and kicking the door open with all his might, despite his size. Inside room Russia's head could be seen over to top of the bed on the other side.

          "Russia?" America repeated, slowly walking over. He could hear him quietly crying as he looked over the bed. Russia sat there, slowly cutting away at his arm with a razor blade. Shocked by what he saw, America jumped over the bed and grabbed Russia's wrist, using his other hand to take the Razor away from him. America threw it far away from them and pulled Russia into a hug. Russia hugged back, crying into his shoulder.