Chapter 8 ~ Last Breathe?

The ambulance got there after a while. They said he was still alive which gave Russia hope that he wouldn't lose another that he loved. They let him ride in the Ambulance with America, holding his hand. 'Please be alright.' He  silently pleaded. Once they got to the hospital, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand came immediately upon being contacted. They took him back for reasons they only told UK about. When Russia asked, he was just reassured he would be fine. 

          For hours they waited. When they finally let them see him, he was still out cold. More then when he sleeps, which was scary. Russia could hear the doctors and nurses speaking with America's father but he couldn't pick out the words. He reached over and held his hand and sighed in relief when he felt warmth. New Zealand and Aussie where asleep. Kiwi on Canada's lap, who look severely upset, and Aussie on her own chair, curled up like a cat. 

         So many unpleasant thoughts floated around in Russia's head and he tried shaking them away, but some spoke louder then others. Time passed but he couldn't tell how much. When he lifted his head he realized he had dozed off. Russia looked around, his hand still clutching America's. Canada was asleep in one of the chairs but New Zealand, Australia and Britain where no where in sight. He assumed UK took the two younger kids to their house. 

        He checked his phone and was surprised to see how many texts he had gotten regarding America's health. Most of which from Japan. He tried his best responding to them all before hearing a mutter. He looked up to see America staring at him

          America looked around the room in confusion. It didn't look like his or Russia's room. 'Am I in the hospital? Wow.' He thought, looking over to see Russia on his phone. He looked tired and anxious. "Russia?" He tried speaking, but his voice was so rough, it came out as an inaudible mutter. Russia looked up and immediately hugged him. 'Scared him that bad? Jeez, what happened...' He only remembered waking up with pain in his chest then coughing. America sat up after Russia backed away. "What happened?" 

          Russia explained everything that happened. With each word America seemed to frown more. He looked exhausted so, Russia kept it short. When he finished, he added. "You should get some rest."  America stifled a yawn but nodded anyways. As he laid down he noticed it felt different. It took a while for him to realize it was he was used to sleeping with Russia. 

         America smiled at the thought, feeling his cheeks grow warm. As he closed his eyes, he felt a hand grab his own. "I love you, Meri." He heard Russia murmur. America opened his eyes and looked at the commie affectionately. "I love you too, Russ."

____________________

A/N 

This is kinda short because i ran out of ideas while writing it ;^;

Also,

You got click baited

h a H