Chapter 41

Sorry it's so short guys. I have a lot of tests and midterms to do for January. Also, question. What should I call my readers and followers? I have a decent following and a great amount of readers so I want like a nickname to call you guys :)

THIRD PERSON POV

"Haha!" A pink haired boy cheered, right on his knees in front of the defeated king as his hands launched up to the sky. "We defeated the king! What's it called, checkmate or something?!" Natsu asked.

Wendy let out a small giggle shaking her head as she stayed under (Y/N)'s arm, from being hurt and out of energy through the fight. (Y/N) rolled their eyes hearing how stupid Natsu really was at times. "It's checkmate before you capture him!" Wendy scolded lightly, looking up at (Y/N) showing off a small smile. The smile soon faded after the ground beneath them began to shake violently.

Reinforcements? You're kidding.. we're all beat up and have no power. (Y/N) thought, gritting their teeth slightly as a small amount of blood trickled down their face.

"I'm really out of magic power.." Gajeel muttered under his breath, staring right at his bruised hands. Wendy gasped lightly, alarming the three.

"No no! It's-" Before Wendy could continue, each of them looked up, their eyes widening at the sight. All of the floating islands began to fall, crashing right onto the one they were sitting on. The magic from all of Edolas began to disposed into the sky, the illuminating light escaping and drifting off.

(Y/N) stood up, grabbing a piece of rock beside them and started to write on the dirt. 'Let's head back to the city'. They wrote, gaining Gajeel and Natsu's attention by throwing a rock at them.

"And what do you plan on?" Gajeel asked, holding his arm to prevent his wounds from hurting anymore.

'The citizens are probably scared out of their mind. There's definitely something we could do.' (Y/N) added to their writing. Natsu hummed in agreement, nodding his head as he limped forward ahead of the other three.

"Yeah (Y/N)! You're right!" Natsu called out, going on ahead. (Y/N) decided to carry Wendy on their back, seeing that the little bluenette was quite injured and didn't want her getting hurt.

"Natsu! Wait up!" Gajeel shouted, jogging up ahead right by Natsu. (Y/N) had no magic power left whatsoever and couldn't turn themselves into an animal, or anything else for that matter. Animals for them, took less energy rather than objects or people, but they didn't even have the tiniest bit left.

The group ran up ahead, glancing at the falling islands for only the briefest moment. Is the world done for? (Y/N) thought to themselves, as they ran up ahead with Wendy on their back. As they approach up ahead to the city, the cries and screams of the citizens were heard. A frown tugged upon (Y/N)'s (s/c) face, as they saw the tears well up in almost every citizen's eyes. "Oh no.. they're all panicking." Wendy whispered to (Y/N), earning a head non from them. "What... can we do?" Wendy asked upset, being set down back to the floor. (Y/N) kneeled down to her height, placing a hand on her shoulder with a smile on their face.

"We will help, don't worry." (Y/N) mouthed to Wendy, slowly and easily so that she could understand. (Y/N) had too many sins that they bared, all they wanted to do now was to be forgiven from them.. and they were determined to do so.