Chapter-1

"Happy Birthday...... to you, happy birthday.... to you...."

"Yay!" Everyone cheered while raising their glasses in the air.

A three-storey mouth-watering cake in the centre was attracting the people  gathered around it.

"Happy birthday, Jessica! You are looking stunnin..."

"Awww! I know, right."

The red and blue sparkling lights were filling the whole VIP lounge which was separated from the dance floor. The feet were vibrating on the high bass of background hip-hop music.

"Ouch!" My face contorted in pain.

"Oh! I didn't see you there."

Seriously, can't you see a five feet five inch woman standing here?

I rubbed my left shoulder which was hit by a raven-haired girl who was eager to join everyone else.

"It's oka--" Before the words could completely leave my mouth, she had already settled herself amongst the small crowd.

I watched, everyone's heads and hips were moving with the rhythm of the beat while holding the glass of a champagne.

When Jessica was passing by me, out of courtesy, I approached her and wished for her special day.

"Ahhh!"

She dug her nails into my wrist making me flinch with pain.

"You ugly sl*t! I told you not to show your pig-size face at my party."

A sneer appeared on her V shape tanned face on seeing me. Her nails were tormenting the flesh on my arm, causing me to squirm under fear.

"Hey! Jessica, they are calling you..... Oh! Lillian!" Blake's orbs, as wide and blue as the ocean itself, roamed back and forth between Jessica and me.

"Am I interrupting something?" He raked his hand in his blonde hair, making his locks fall messily on his forehead.

"Oh! We were just re-living the memories of high school, that's all." Jessica fluttered her thick eyelashes at Blake with full-blown smile.
"Right, Lillian?" She turned to me with polite smile while her sea-green eyes were glaring at me.

Oh boy! She can win an Oscar with her acting skills.

"Ye...yeah!" I stuttered while massaging my burning wrist.

He nodded at my reply. "See! I told you, it wouldn't be that awful to come here." He turned to Jessica. "You know what! She was hell-bent on spending the night at her apartment and I wasn't having it. So, I brought her here."

"Oh! Really? I didn't know that." She sickly smiled at him while resting her crimson red polished nails on his bicep which was clearly outlined under his black denim jacket.

"You should thank me, for bringing your friend here."

A voice yelled his name from behind. When his attention was somewhere else, Jessica scowled at my presence, giving death glare to me at every chance she got.

"You two carry on!" He turned on his heels. "Later, beautiful ladies."

"Don't know why he's friendly to you?" She narrowed her eyes at me,"but let me be clear! Don't you dare ruin my day with your grim face." She flicked her soft warm blond curls behind her shoulder. "Otherwise, you know the consequences, one phone call to my dad and you are.... fired."

I swallowed down the lump made in my throat. I bowed my head in submissive as I didn't want to lose the only source that paid my expenses.

She pivoted on her red nude stilettos while swaying her hips in tight knitted red dress. As she passed, everyone's gaze fell on her like a love sick puppy, even girls were staring at her with jealous eyes.