Chapter-12

Listen to the above track: Fight song by Rachel👆

"Have a great day at school, sweetie."

"Thanks, Dad."

I opened the passenger door of Black Ranger Rover and step out of it.

I raised my hand and give a little wave to my dad who was watching me from the driver's seat.

I had prayed day and night for this to happen. It was a small thing but for me it was like a drop of water in desert.

Despite this, my life wasn't a smooth ride inspite of being in a wattpad world. What happened on the Saturday night was still haunting me. The memories of that night were in bits and pieces, playing in my mind like black dots.

It was a mystery to me; how I came home or who were those people? Why I was so terrified?

I raked my fingers through my hair and adjusted the navy blue strap of my bag on the shoulder.

In front of me, the moderen style building was a mixture of distinctive red brick and glass, it's shape and structure standing out among maple trees. As I roam my eyes around, I saw some students were running to be into their class on time while others were just sitting on the bonnet of their cars, waiting for the last bell to ring.

"Oh shit! I'm so sorry."

"God seriously hate me that much! I have to see your face in the first place."

I bent down, and started picking up the scattered pages on the dusty ground.

"I don't know about that, but he sure loves me, cause I bumped into you." I said, lining up the collected pages.

"Yeah, whatever!" Rebecca rolled her eyes, and flicked off her wavy ginger red hair which was parted from the one side, then streamed down on her shoulder.

"You still draw these animes? Wow! You have really improved since I last saw these."

A sketch of anime with big doe eyes was staring back at me while trapped on the white smooth paper.

"Yeah! I have seen some tutorial videos on the internet. I must say! They helped a lot."

My eyes rested on the second page, "Do you remember? During middle school, when we watched this show-- Uh! What was it's name?" I scratched my head, travelling back to the memories in my mind.

"Dragon Balls Z?"

"Yeah! Right. That one... Remember! Jessica always got hyped up as we watched this just to tease her. I can say, from the pillow fight that she used to start, she didn't like the anime a bit." I cackled a smile at this beautiful memory.

"Yeah! Those were the best days."

There was a far-away look in her eyes, like she was living those small memorable moments again in her emerald orbs.

"It's funny! You never know, how things would turn out in the future?" She gave a bitter laugh. Her words were filled with a tincture of sadness.

My eyes fell on the crumpled paper I was holding. The sinking feeling crawled back on me like a bag full of stones put on my shoulders, pushing me to the ground.

I placed the distorted pages on the porcelain palms of Rebecca when she asked me to give them back.

"Rebecca, I dont know about the past. One thing I surely know, there will be a time... when dreams become fulfilled, and the awful memories be like faded ink as compare to the good ones."

Her twinkling eyes were gazing at mine like they were observing me for the first time.

"Thanks," she said under her breath, a small smile appeared on her freckled face.