Chapter-11

Listen to the above track: Gold by Chet Faker👆
It's one of my favourite songs.

Book cover by: ManinderSingh541

"Are you done?"

"Nope! Just a little more."

"How long is it gonna take?"

"Just...... a second." Samantha straightened her posture, "There, it's done.

She had a pearly white smile on her heart-shape face like she was proud of her work.

I looked myself into the shiny mirror with pink borders. At first, I couldn't even recognise myself.

My caramel hair was cascading down over my shoulders. Whenever I moved my head, they bounced up and down. My cheeks were glowing under the golden rosy blusher and my eyes were looking more expressive with smokey eye makeup.

Samantha really did a great job.

"Uh... Thanku, Samantha." I gave her a genuine smile.

"This is what I do, girl." She winked at me and walked towards the closet in her pink floral dress flailing around her toned legs.

"There's nothing interesting in these magazines, Lillian. You should throw them out." Jessica said, plopping her one leg over another; she was randomly flicking the pages of some fashion magazine.

Ah! Why in God's name? I'm sitting under one roof with her. Yeah! She's my so called best friend in this teenfiction world.

"You guys should hurry up! Derek texted me that party is in full swing." Raven lifted her black orbs for a second from her phone to remind us that we were getting late for the party while adjusting herself further on the bean bag in the corner of the room.

"Ah! found it." Samantha clapped excitedly while showing me a blue cocktail dress, " You will look smashing in it."

I doubt it.

She jogged on her pink high heels over to me while her thick straight amber coloured pony swaying from left to right.

"Uh... I think, I would rather stick to jeans, and some fancy top."

She pouted her glossy lips, "I'm telling you, you will look gorgeous in this." She said while putting the outfit to the front of me to decide whether it was suitable or not.

"Yeah! It's pretty, you are definitely wearing this. Now! Go hurry up, put it on." Jessica stood from the fair sized fluffy mattress, and adjusted her mid-length aureate bandage dress matching with her straight golden locks.

I was vacillating while holding the soft silky fabric in my hands. Having no other choice, I marked my way to the closet while dragging my feet.

I put on the party attire and adjusted the hem of the dress which was reaching above the knees. It was an off-shoulder dress which was showing much skin to my dismay. I decided to grab a denim jacket in case of emergency.

After a while, I emerged out of the small space.

"OMG! You are looking hot. Right, Jessica?" Samantha was standing a few feet away with full blown grin over her face.

"Yeah! Totally. Now! We're all ready, let's take a selfie first." Jessica brought out her phone from the clutch bag.

Raven also distracted herself from her phone and took so many pictures. I tried to give less constipated look and even forgot the count of clicks these girls had taken.