Chapter 20

Chapter 20

"Where the fuck have you been?" Eris demanded to know while she got right up in my face. "Who did you think did we bring along for preparing our food?"

I growled and she looked like she was about to slap me but backed off as her dad growled as well, making me smirk triumphantly at her. I hope he grounded her for being a total bitch for at least a century. Somehow I managed to surpress the urge to stick my tongue out at her and I just ignored her while Nemesis sniffed the air before she scrunched up her nose and looked like she had suddenly gotten sick.

"Did you just leave to be able to make out in peace?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No." Erebus replied but it didn't convince them.

"Ew, dad!" Hypnos whined before he pretended to gag.

I was glad the angels didn't decide to join us in this conversation since they already thought of us as cave dwellers who couldn't control their urges. I expected them to be nicer. I knew very little about the angels of Hell and Heaven and most of my knowledge came from Nolan but I always thought they were very well behaved, very polite and most importantly very kind. Not this weird and awkward.

"Now you know how we feel while you talk about baby making." Thanatos huffed, glaring at Hypnos.

"You do talk about it a lot." Alexios agreed, making Hypnos roll his eyes. "It's weird."

"I don't!" He protested, throwing up his hands as if it were an odd thing for him to do. "Why would I talk about something that's currently not an option. I mean the act is but you know, no uterus."

"Please shut up." Alexios groaned, making a face.

Hypnos just mumbled into his non existent beard while Thanatos looked like he was about to blow himself up, just so he wouldn't have to spent time with us. As a matter of fact he had done that before to not be confined to his sphere. He had a tendency to be very capricious, moody and too intelligent for his own good and I didn't want to be anywhere near him if something upset him.

The number of people was too high for my taste and their arguing started to become very overwhelming so I decided to remove myself from the situation. In order to get to the kitchen I'd have to walk past most of them and Eris was blocking the entire hallway, standing there with her hands on her hips and murdering everyone with her eyes. I tried to sneak past her but she saw me and snarled at me, making me wince and hiss at her.

"Don't be mean to him!" Hypnos came to my defense before Erebus could. "He may bite, may be considered generally kind of rude and always glares at people but so does Thanatos and we kept him anyway."

"Thanks." Thanatos huffed, making Hypnos beam at him, clearly missing out on the sarcasm.

"We tried to kill him and then ignored him for a couple of millenia." Nemesis pointed out, making Hypnos pout.

"The important thing to focus on is that we didn't and now we have each other!" He chirped, throwing his arms around his twin.

Eris made a face at the display of affection and I used the moment she was preoccupied with someone else to rush past her and make my way into the kitchen. Our cups were still sitting at the counter and I just put them in the sink before I made my way over to the fridge to search for supplies to be able to prepare some food. I really hoped there was something in there I could use to satisfy their needs. I didn't want Eris to get upset.

I had no idea why but I expected Thanatos to either have no food or just a few items that were rotting in the farthest corner of the fridge. Instead it was pretty well stocked with vegetables and fruits as well as several juices. I took out everything I needed and sat it down on the counter and as I was about to close the door when I felt a pair of arms going around me. I hummed and turned around to looked at Erebus.