S E V E N T E E N

After almost arriving late I took the elevator to the 4th floor. Kash was kind enough to drop me of. Kash. The mere thought of him had me smile. It probably seemed like we were together but we weren't. It was a weird attraction that I couldn't put into words. I arrived at floor with the ding of the door and exited. I walked down the corridor where one women was sitting on a chair.

"Hey do you know where this interview is supposed to take place?" She patted on the chair next her."You're right there. I'm also waiting." I smiled before sitting down. My body felt extemly sore. I learned back inhaling deeply. "Ms. Travis." The woman smiled at me before walking into the room. "Who're you? She's supposed to be the last." I got up. "Um my name is Harriet Jones."

She looks down at her file sceaming it. "Oh you were supposed to some 20 minutes ago. You know the boss depends on punctuality." I sighed. "Excuse me. Would you still let me?" She rolled her eyes. "Ya I hope you have a good reason why you're late otherwise the boss wouldn't be to find." I nodded. Oh a good reason. I had just fucked one friend and lost the consciousness of time.

"You can go in." I saw the woman from earlier coming out with a happy smile. Meaning she'll probably get the job. "Behave well. He loves respect and power so make him feel like that." I sighed before heading into another corridor. This guy seems selfish. I can't wait to see this so called power loving guy. I knocked at the door. "May I come in?" I just heard a simple yes.

I walked in closing the door behind me. The guy was facing the window as I gulped. "Sir." He sighed. "Take a seat." Wow so kind. I guess I don't deserve to see his beautiful face. "So Ms. Jones I hope you have a good reason for coming late." I gulped. I don't. "Umm not exactly. I missed my bus." I just heard him chuckle. "Then make sure that never happens again if you wanna work here."

Is he some sort of maniac? I don't deserve to see his face while he gives me some advice. Prick. "Ms. Jones don't make your thoughts so obvious. I know I'm a prick." Holy crap. I looked down at my hands. I heard his chair turn around but I didn't wanna see his face. Because if he was just as rude as he acted I would slap him. "Harriet." God the way he pronounced my name was so satisfying.

I looked up our eyes meeting. That face. I haven't seen in in four years. He looked unbelievably attractive. Just as I remember. His little beard giving him the little extra. Just looking at him felt surreal. "Hendry." His name came out so smooth as I just admired that face. "It had been a long time." He said making me nod. "I can't believe it's you." He smiled nodding. God that smile.

"I don't wanna admit but I missed you." Missed you. The words echoed in my ear. "Ms. Jones." I was brought out of my thoughts. I shook my head looking at Stephen who looked incredibly bored. "I asked you to give me your file." I pushed it over. God I almost hoped he was being sweet but no. This guy was still the selfish prick. "I can still feel what you think." I groaned.

"Are we here to talk about my thoughts on you or business?" He shrugged. He looked down at my file analysing it. My eyes running over his features. That eyes. The deep shade of grey which was like some sort of moon stone. His nose sharp yet soft. His lips pink and flush. His jaw sharp yet a soft curve. His hair gelled back but I remember how it felt. Like silk. The tatoos on his neck poping out of his shirt. I sighed remember the touch of his skin.

"So um you're pretty experienced from what I just red here. Just a few questions and we're finished." I nodded.
"So for first why should I consider hiring you?" Because I'm great. " You should hire me because I'm a hard worker. I would do anything for my work. And I'm confident and have the ability to take and give critics. Also consider the amount of experience" He nodded scribbling something down. "What can you tell me about yourself?"

We had a thing once. "I'm passionate and organised. If I aim for something I'll achieve it at any cost." Lol not important for being an accountant but ok. "Ok I think I've heard enough. You will be contacted soon." I nodded getting up. "Thank you sir." I turned on my heels exiting the room. " And Harriet." Was it him? I turned around causing our eyes to lock. For a second he just started before clearing his throat.