Something About Her - Nicky

"What're you doing here?" Charlie's boyfriend, Steven, demanded.

        "I live here!" the pretty blond girl replied, walking up to him.  Steven couldn't help but smile.  The girl wrapped her arms around Steven's neck, staring deep into his eyes.  "Where'd you go?" she asks, plain curiosity dancing across her face.

        "Uh," Steven starts, looking away.  "To... To get more waffles," he says, looking back at her.

      "Waffles?" she asks.  Steven nods.  I roll my eyes.  He's obviously lying.  Charlie's down there waiting in the car!  That's where he went, to pick Charlie up from school.  The reason he's up here is because he forgot his wallet.  It's purely coincidence that the pretty girl from the bowling alley was here too.  I think.

        "Well, where are they?" the girl asks him, speaking of the waffles.  I wouldn't mind some waffles...

        "What?" Steven asks, taken aback.  "Oh, right.  Uh, they didn't have any."

        "Okay..." the girl says, seeming unsure. "Where's everybody else?"

        "I–I dunno," Steven says uncertainly.

        The girl smiles.  "Did you get anything other than waffles?"

        Steven frowns.  "No, sorry."  Oh my God, she does drugs, loves waffles... She's like that much more of a babe now.  I wonder if she speaks French...

        She shrugs.  "I'll ask Joe to get some," she says, speaking of the guitarist of the band.  Steven looks troubled.  "Or... Tom, Joey or Brad," she adds quickly.  Steven's still troubled.  "He's like my cousin, Steven," she says flatly.

        Steven closes his eyes and shakes his head.  "Sorry," he says.  So it looks like I'm not the only one he's jealous of.  Damn, this cat's got some security issues.  Both of these girls chose him over their best-friends–he should be more than satisfied.

        Which leads me to my next point: What the fuck is he doing with two girlfriends?!

        And why the fuck is he kissing her right now?

        And then there's a knock on the door.  I run to the peephole, and see that it's Charlie.  Steven curses under his breath, then disappears off to his room, probably to get his wallet.  The girl answers the door.  Oh, shit.  This is trouble, now.

        Blondie smiles, but when she sees Charlie, she looks concerned.  "Tom's not here," she said.

        Charlie's face was priceless!  It's all I could do not to burst out laughi–Oh, wait, that's right.  I did laugh out loud.  However, the girl said, "Oh, no, that's right.  Joey or Brad?"

        "No... who're you?" Charlie asks.

        The pretty blond girl smiles warmly again, shaking Charlie's hand.  "I'm–"

        When Blondie reached out her hand, Steven came dashing out of his room.  I hardly had enough time to step aside (it's real fuckin' weird when somebody runs through you) before he flew out into the hallway and said, "Leaving!"

        "What?" Charlie and Blondie asked.

        Steven tries to convince Blondie that his guitarist, Joe, called and that he's waiting downstairs.