Easy - Charlie and Steven

A/N: You'll see what I mean when you get there, but I actually know nothing about what this place looks like. Here's the next (and final, really) chapter: Enjoy!!

--

-

//Charlie\\

"Uh... Nicky?" I asked uncertainly.  I mean, my best friend is certainly undeniably weird, but he doesn't walk around his kitchen in a bathrobe with his hair tied up in a towel.  He also doesn't have platinum blond hair.  He also isn't a woman.

        The girl spun around, and then she frowned.  "Who're you?" she demanded.

        "Charlie," I say, stepping inside and narrowing my eyes suspiciously.  "Where's Nicky?"

        "Oh..." the girl said, the corners of her mouth twitching at a sheepish grin.  "He's in the shower."

    "Yeah, okay," I say slowly, sarcastically.  "Thanks for telling me indirectly about your guys' morning..."  And then I pretend to retch and I actually think it's all quite hilarious.  She doesn't though.  Her face reddens.  "So... Who're you?" I ask awkwardly.

        "I'm Emily..." she says slowly, warily.

        I feel my eyes grow wide.  "Thee Emily?" I ask.  "As in preschool and Paris Emily?"  She nods.  "Oh my god!" I can't help but exclaim.

        "Oh," Emily says like she's realized something obvious.  "And you're Charlie!  No-Drug Pizza Charlie!"  I frown, but nod nonetheless.

        And then Nicky runs out of his room at a full speed rush, all dressed in purple and black with his hair dripping wet, and tackles me in a giant hug.  If I wouldn't've been against the couch, I would've fallen over.  Emily looks uncomfortable.  "Charlie!" he exclaims.  "I thought I felt a change in the Sarcastic Atmosphere!"

        I look at Emily.  What's she got him into doing?  Emily shrugs.  "Yeah," I say.

        "Oh, right.  Charlie... This is Emily.  You know... Emily.  From Paris.  And Emily, this is Charlie.  Like Charlie my best friend... Not the guy from the Chocolate Factory."  Emily giggles and I glare at Nicky, not really angry.

        "I kinda figured," I mutter.  "For how long?"

        "What day is it?" Nicky asks.

        "September ninth," Emily says immediately.  Okay then.

        "Nine months, nine days," Nicky says proudly.  "I think," he adds to me in a whisper.  I chuckle.  "Where's Steven?" he asked.

        "Home," I say.  "I was heading over there.  I just thought I'd stop by or something.  See if you wanted to do anything later.  But... You're busy, obviously, with... Showering–"  What?  I had to say it!  It was there!  "–so... I'll just go on over there..."

        "No, no, no," Nicky says quickly.  Emily looks a little disappointed.  "Here... C'meme," he says, motioning for Emily to wait inside.  He leads me out to the hallway, shutting the door.  "Whassup?" he asks.  I realized he's slurring his words.  Already.  Seriously, what's she got him on?

        I shrug.  "Nothin' much," I say truthfully.

        "You're just all like, reserved or whatever.  It's not cool... Whassah mattah?"  He studies my face, truly worried.

        "I dunno," I say slowly.  "I haven't seen you in forever... Or talked to you for that matter.  It's just... I dunno."  I sigh.

        "Hmm..."  He smirks in that lopsided way.  "Jealous?"  And then he jabs me in the ribs.