Chap 3: Don't be an ass

Play this song as you read 'Growing pains' by Alessia Cara.

                ************

Kong! Kong!

A knock on the door woke me up from my deep sleep. Thinking it was my bed I stretched my hands only to see my phone landing on the floor.

Shit!

That must have crushed. I realized I was asleep in my office.  This day is getting longer and longer not forgetting how boring it was either. I struggled bending my ass and took my phone back checking the time. It was few minutes to four and I immediately knew who was at the door.

My sister of course , coming to pick me so that we can go to the damn hospital. I'm I ready for this ? What will I tell her if she wakes up to see me there ? What if her family knows about this ?

Another knock and I was forced to shout a welcome while my eyes were shut. I know she will enter and start yelling and screaming at me.

The door was opened and the most last person I wanted to see entered.

Vera...Vera James....my fiancé.

I pressed my lips into a thin tight line angrily. I just looked at her as she walked and stood right next to me.

"What do you want Vera ?" I snap.

"I even don't know. I mean..."

"Someone forced you here, " I said curtly.

"Not really but I wanted us to talk."

"Talk ?"

"Yes."

"About what ?"

"Us, " she said finding interest on her well styled nails. I could see that she was nervous thus I stood and walked to the window thinking. I just don't know how to handle anything right now, maybe until Huddah is out of that hospital. If she gets well maybe I can jumble the thousand shit and try to handle them.

"I'm tired of 'us' , and you know it, " I said trying not to sound rude to which I managed.

"I know I've done....."

"Enough shit, " I finished the sentence for her and I realized if we go on talking here then I will obviously overreact and throw her out. I've done it severally and it won't be awkward anyway.

"I don't know what to do Jamal , " she said placing her bag on my table and I unconsciously gave her a grudging look. I hate everything about her and honestly I don't like to see anything belonging to her in my office. I mean she should hold it until we're done with this conversation.

Ops! I'm not a man.

"You know what to do Vera." I looked at her and she was frightened by my angry voice. I pierced my sharp angry eyes at her." You should leave, " I say firmly.

"Let's talk Jamal, " she begged walking towards me and you know what ? I walked to another corner.

His manager was here in the morning and I wonder if they had planned to come and bother me the same day. Both of them should leave me the hell alone.

"We have done enough of the talking Vera. Why did you fucking kissed my brother ?" I asked trying to get the answer. It's not like I cared anyway but she should have kissed someone else. Not my brother.

"I don't know," she said embarrassed. Where do you take such shitty messed up ladies like her ?

"I know you were not much drunk that time, " I said feeling more hatred come out of the cage.