Chapter 23

[Y/N]'s P.O.V.

   I woke up gasping. I was back in my cell. Where was Loki? How had I gotten back in here? I could hear my heart beating out of control. I had had a nightmare again. They were getting increasingly worse. I sat up a bit.

   "Loki?" I whispered. There was no response. I sat up fully. "Loki!" I called louder. Loki materialized in front of me.

   "I'm here, love." He said gently. I hugged him. He rubbed my back. "These dreams of yours are getting torturous, aren't they?" I nodded. "What are they about?" I looked up at him.

   "You can see inside my head." I reminded him. "Don't you know?" He stared at me for a while, his icy gaze cutting into my mind. I held his gaze, not breaking eye contact. It was odd how warm and inviting his eyes were to me. Then he looked away from me.

   "Yes." He finally answered. He didn't meet my eyes. "I know." He let go of me and walked to the wall opposite to me. I stood up and watched him. "What am I to you, [Y/N]?" I looked at him in confusion.

   "What do you mean?" I asked, beginning to walk over to him, but stopping halfway.

   "Let me rephrase," he said, turning to face me. "Am I a monster to you, my dear?" I stared at him in complete shock.

   "What? Of course not!" I objected.

   "Then why do you have nightmares about me killing or torturing you?" He demanded. I took a step back. "Tell me!" He yelled. I stepped a little further away. "You do, don't you?" He turned back around. I walked to him and wrapped my arms around him from behind. I rested my head against his back.

   "You are not a monster, Loki." I told him gently, yet still firmly. "Do you hear me? You are not a monster. You are amazing and wonderful and beautiful and so many more things. You are my sanity. My light in the dark. Don't believe anyone who tells you that you are a monster or anything along the lines. I love you so so so much." I let go and walked so that I stood in front of him. He was crying.

   "I'm sorry I doubted you, love." He said, trying to force out a chuckle to cover his sadness. I wrapped my arms around his torso and he rested his chin on my head. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me as close as he could.

   Loki wrapped one arm around me and with his other hand he held me head against him. I don't know what I would have done without him. If he hadn't come to me, I probably wouldn't have survived.

Loki's P.O.V.

   By the All Father. What are you doing to me, [Y/N]?