Chapter 33

[Y/N]'s P.O.V.

   I was terrified. Fury knew what I had done. What if he kicks me out of the Avengers? Does he have the power to do that? I took a deep breath and tried not to let my anxiety get to me. Loki, as Clint, took my hand and squeezed it gently. That's when Fury came in through the elevator. I knew well enough what he looked like. Eyepatch. I met his gaze firmly. My heartbeat hammered in my head, making me dizzy.

  "So this is the new recruit, eh, Stark?" He asked. Tony nodded.

   "She is." He confirmed. Fury looked at me up and down.

   "So you're taking in mass murderers now?" He asked. Tony opened his mouth to reply, but I cut him off.

   "Would you like me to add one more to my list?" I shot. Fury looked at me in surprise while Emma gave me a warning look. I didn't care. Only I am allowed to make me feel bad about myself. Wait-

   "You threatenin' me?" He questioned. I tightened my grip on Loki's hand.

   "And what if it is?" I asked. "What if by the time you leave here you've lost some blood?" Loki looked at me. His eyes had stayed the same. I shook my head. "Sorry, Director Fury. I'm not sure what came over me." I apologized quickly. He nodded. I looked down at my feet.

   "You chose a fiesty one, Stark." Fury commented.

   "She's definitely a wild one." Tony replied. Peter had stayed quiet the whole time. I think Fury scares him a little bit. We went to the conference room and sat down. They talked for a bit. I answered a question if I was asked. I didn't like Fury. He made me uncomfortable. Tony was able to do most of the talking for me. I was very grateful for that. Then Fury spoke again.

   "Barton." He said, catching Loki's attention. Loki looked up at him. "What is it with you and [Y/N]? You haven't let go of her hand since I've arrived." Peter and Emma exchanged a worried glance. Loki cleared his throat.

   "Well, sir," He began, "[Y/N] asked me to stay with her because she was nervous. And since she came to me, I thought it would be best to do just that." Fury nodded slowly, looking sceptical. I could see both Peter and Emma visibly let out a sigh of relief. Everything that happened next made my heart stop. The sound of glass shattering filled the room. Something made of metal crashed onto the table.

   "Bomb!" Someone yelled. I think it was Emma. Something grabbed my hand and tried to pull me away from it, but I didn't move. My mind was rushing. Based on the size of that thing, the explosion would be pretty big. We couldn't clear everyone in time. I pulled away from whoever had grabbed me and ran to the bomb. I picked it up, it was actually quite heavy. I made it to the window and looked back. Steve was pulling Tony back as he tried to get to me. Fury was gone from the room, as were Emma and Peter. Loki had turned back to himself and had nearly reached me. I couldn't let that happen.

   With that, I threw myself out the window. I wrapped my wings around myself, knowing it would condense the explosion. Tears slipped from my eyes knowing I would never be able to see my family, the Avengers, ever again. The last thing I heard was Loki scream my name. Then waves if heat overtook me. It blistered my skin, burning it. I screamed in agony, but it was drowned out by the deafening boom. Then darkness overcame me. The only thing I could think was, I'm sorry, guys. I'm so sorry.  

Hey guys! That's the end of the book. I hope you all enjoyed it! Until next time. Peace out!