chapter 7

its been a week. nobody's heard from clementine. well thats what they've all been telling me.

i can't stand it! she's been my bestfriend for years. we should've been dating by now!

well, i guess its just another day with the boys.

"anybody heard from clementine?"

"nope."

"nah."

"n-no."

"you guys wanna hang out here today?"

"i have somewhere to be."

"oooooh michaeeeelll, who are you fucking this time?"

"who said i was doing that?! i'm going out to see an old friend."

"an old friend?"

"we need name, age, and details. lots and lots of them."

"uhhhh, rogers..."

"rogers? you mean clementine?! are you going to see clementine?!"

"no! i'm going to see, haley."

"haley rogers?! clementine's older sister?!"

"by two years!"

"she'd kill you if she found out."

"no she wouldn't, because we're not talking remember?"

"right. if clementine talks to you, tell her i said i miss her."

"will do."

he jogged out the door, and i watched as he ran to his car. whats with him?

haley rogers was clementine's 20 year old sister. she moved to new york, but i guess she's back for a visit.

me and clementine made a strict rule about no dating each other's family. i couldn't date haley or even curtis, which was her 5 year older younger brother. and she can't date mali-koa, even if it was forced. no cousins, uncles, or aunts. because she didn't wanna make it awkward if we ever liked each other. she enough, i never got closer than a foot near haley. i didn't want to, i didn't need to. i had my own rogers daughter.

haley looked like clementine, just more older and her face was thinner. her cheekbones showed more than clementine, and her eyes were a dark brown while clementine's were green.

otherwise, i had no intention to date haley. or curtis. and even though she thought my cousin was cute, she didn't find any interest in him either.

but back to michael and haley. good luck with that. clementine will be so pissed when she finds out.

michael's pov:

i'm in front of the rogers' house. shit. i can't do this. i really can't. but i want to. grow some balls clifford, she's inside.

i walk up to their front door and knock. i'm holding some dandelions in my hand, cheesy motherfucker, and wait.

*door opens*

"michael."

"hello haley. is clementine home?"

"indeed she is, come in."

i walk into the house.

"clementine get your ass down here!"

"you could be nicer."

"you could be hotter, but you're not, so my sister is stuck with you."

"shut up, haley."