chapter 9

its 7:45 p.m. we hear a knock at the door. ashton opens it.

"hey clem."

"hey ash."

she walks in, gives him a quick hug, takes off her sweater and it leaves her in my favorite shirt of her. is this a sign? oh god no.

she sits down on the couch, more like laying down, and turns on the tv. she's too comfortable here.

oh no, here comes boyfriend michael.

"rogers!"

"clifford."

he runs over to her and picks her up. put her down, she hates being carried.

but wait, she lets him pick her up. when i used to pick her up, she slapped my shoulder until i put her down. the fuck?

"how's my babe doing?"

"same as i was an hour ago when i texted you. fine."

"you're funny."

he kisses her on the lips in front of me and interlocks his hand with hers. ughhhh.

here comes luke.

"clem!"

"hey luke."

"glad you could come."

"i guess. i didn't wanna be home alone with nothing to do."

"well, i could've came over, you know." says michael.

"no, its cool." she tells him.

yes clementine, push him away. :)

"you okay clementine?"

"y-yeah."

she's stuttering. thats one with we have in common. we both stutter when we're nervous, guilty, or scared. she's obviously guilty.

we all sat down around her, she just had her head in her hands.

"you okay babe?"

"no."

"don't do it clementine." i whisper to her. they obviously hear because it's so fucking quiet you could here a mouse in the wall.

"don't do what?"

"i-i..."

she stands up and walks to the other side of the room. she's wheezing. its hard for her to breathe when she's in the middle of something, or when she's just pressured.

"i kissed calum last night! well he kissed me! but i let him! i'm sorry michael, its just that he came over last night and like just started kissing me and i just couldn't keep this from you."

"what?"

"oh my, clementine."

"i'm sorry! and i'm sorry calum i just can't keep this a secret i'm just so guilty."

"neither could i," i tell her.

i stand up and walk up to her, and grab her hand. that immediately makes michael pissed. he stands up and walks towards us, pulling our hands apart and taking both of clementine's in his.

"um, wait a minute. so, calum kissed you. and you feel guilty? why?"

"because...i think i might like calum."

"what?!" he says.

"what?" i say.

"whattttttt." ashton & luke say.