chapter 8

it lasted for about 30 seconds, then she pushed me off.

"calum what the fuck?"

"what?"

"why'd you do that, & why the fuck are you here?"

"because i wanted to, and because i know about you and michael."

"m-me and michael?"

"he told us, clementine."

"okay."

"okay? thats all you have to say? why are you dating michael?!"

"why not?!"

"because...i'm..."

"you're what?"

this was my chance, i could say it and risk my friendship with clem, or keep my mouth shut until she realizes it.

"i'm afraid he'll hurt you..."

"oh calum, you're one of his best mates, you should know how he is with girls by now."

"yeah, but its different with you. we've all been great friends for years. do you really wanna risk that just to be with michael?"

"i don't know. maybe."

"really clementine?!"

"hey, i've gained really big feelings for michael, you should at least support him."

"whatever clementine. please just don't be with him!"

"fine. we'll see."

"great, did my kiss change your mind?"

"gross, no. don't ever kiss me like that again. actually don't kiss me at all."

"until....?"

"we'll see."

"okay."

"goodbye calum."

"goodbye clementine."

i left and she left me thinking real hard. why didn't she want me to kiss her? c'mon. those were fireworks, not just sparks. what the heck. am i a bad kisser? i'm calum fucking hood for christ sakes. any girl would die if i even high fived them. not to sound cocky or anything.

its the next day. i don't know if clem is gonna tell michael, if she does, michael is going to murder me. it isn't the first time i "take" a girl he wants.

i wake up, go downstairs. make myself some toast & put vegemite on it. god, its heavenly. then i hear the first member come down. i'm nervous to see who it is. it's michael.

"hey cal."

"h-hey michael."

i gulped really loud, oh god i'm so nervous.

"you okay?"

"y-yeah."

"why are you stuttering? you only stutter when you're nervous."

"i-i don't know."

my eyes darted to look at anything other than michael. i can't lie to someone and look at them in the face.

"calum...look at me."

"what?"

"you're sure you're okay?"

"i-i guess."

"if this is about me and clementine, i'm sorrh mate i just really like her."

"okay, whatever."