Day 67: Reading

Just out of curiosity, how many of you read (fiction) outside of wattpad?

What do you read? What genres and all that?

Do any of you read (fiction) books written by Muslim authors?

How familiar are you with the circles of Muslim authors publishing books in real life (is in do you know any names, not do personally know them)? Have you seen any? Did you read their books?

Would you?

Just for the record, I (as well as a few other Muslim authors on here) have actually taken the leap from wattpad writing to real-world publishing. Some have gone through traditional publishing, and some have self-published. I have my book, Musa And The Blade available on Amazon (which you should definitely check out) and well, it is a bit of a struggle expanding the audience from here into real world reads. It's not just price issues or whatever, reaching an audience and establishing solid readership is tough. The audience for Muslim/Islamic fiction is... shall we say not as wide as it could be?

So I'm looking to see how we can change that and perhaps learn the reasons why we have so many Muslim readers here who seem to enjoy/love Muslim authored fiction, but the same can't be said for real-world books written by Muslims (and then definitely Muslim/Islamic fiction).

Leave your answers to the questions above down below and tag some friends please. Thank you!