𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒂

     "Mom, please, stop groping Shawn!" I groan, absolutely loathing the sight of them. I guess I'm gonna have to deal with this shit every day.

     They quickly break away from each other and apologize for their disturbing behavior.

     Mom and Shawn were going to get married in a few weeks. Shawn worked for a photography website, so he traveled a lot. They happened to bump into each other at a cafe in New York, where my clumsy mom spilled hot coffee all over him. I don't know how, but they were practically in love by the end of the week. 4 months later, Shawn proposed.

     Shawn is one hell of a guy. He makes Mom really happy, and if she's happy, so am I.  

     The three of us just moved to Paris, France, yesterday. Shawn was offered a job that wouldn't require traveling every two weeks, and Mom didn't really have a stable job in NY. And I didn't have a reason to be here, at least not anymore. So, they decided that Paris could be a nice change of scenery for us.

      Shawn also said his best friend moved to Paris a few years ago, so he'll be reunited with him. In fact, we're going to their house for dinner tonight. Not gonna lie, I think Shawn loves Cory more than his own fiancée. I bet he only moved here for his beloved Cory Matthews.

     To be honest, I don't even think Cory exists. Shawn? Having a best friend? A friend at all? Debatable.

     Last night, I finished unpacking all of my clothes into my new room. Shawn said to choose any room I'd like, and the only room that caught my eye was this one. It had this interesting window bench situation going on; I liked it.

     Shawn bought us this huge house after Mom said yes to his proposal. I knew Shawn had some cash, but I didn't know he was this loaded. 

     Mom and Shawn tell me to be ready in 10 minutes so we could go to the Matthews' house. I throw on some makeup so I don't look like a literal raccoon. I decide to wear some black jeans and a white off-shoulder top. I grab my phone and coat as I leave my room.

     I almost forgot that there were two staircases. Two. Seriously, who needs two staircases? I debated for a moment.

     Fuck, which one should I choose?  

     This is one of those decisions that could make or break my future. After a good 5 minutes, I decided on the left staircase. Right is overrated, right? See what I did there?

     I walk outside and get into the car, where Mom and Shawn were waiting for me. They give me a look for taking forever to come out. 

     The Matthews' house wasn't that far; it took about 5 minutes to get there. I walk up and knock on the door, and I'm met by a pretty girl with long brown hair. She gives me a little smile and just as her mouth opens to say something, Shawn pushes pass us and runs inside. He jumps onto this weird looking sheep man in a suit.

     "SHAWNIE!" 

     "CORY!"

     My jaw drops to the floor. The pretty girl has the same horrified look on her face.

     "He exists?" we both shout at the same time.

     "No, n-no way," I stutter.

     "Dad, you have friends?" the girl says, bewildered.