19

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒂  

     "Hey, Maya," Farkle grins once I open the door.

     "What are you doing here? How do you know where I live?"

     "Riley told me."

     I throw my head back and groan. "I'm gonna kill her."

     "I know you love spending time with me," he smirks and walks inside.

     "Yeah," I nod. "I'd leave Riley for you right now."

     He laughs while we walk over to the living room. 

     "What's the occasion, nerd?"

     "I'm not a nerd," he narrows his eyes. "I'm a genius. And I just wanna hang out."

     "You never wanna hang out, you always have something to say, so say it."

     "Have you told Riley you love her yet?"

     "No," I say. "And who said I love her?"

     "No one, but it's quite obvious," he smirks. "Don't even try to deny it."

     "Fine," I sigh. "Yeah, of course I love her, but I don't know how to say it. What if she totally rejects me and-"

     "How could she reject you? You're already together, dumbass."

     I shoot daggers at him and he stops smiling. "I mean, what if she doesn't say it back? What if she's not ready to say it and she freaks out if I tell her so soon and-"

     "She'll say it back," he rolls his eyes. "You two have such a bad fear of getting rejected even though you're already together."

     "Whatever," I mutter and toy with my ring.

     "I'm not trying to force you into saying it," he quickly says. "But whenever you're ready, tell her, okay?"

     "Yeah, I will."

     "So, are you doing anything today?" 

     "No, not really," I shrug. "Why? You wanna spend the whole day with the hottest person alive?"

     "I would've gone to literally anyone else but go off," he raises his eyebrows. "Yeah, let's hang out."

     "You wanna go to the store?" I ask. "I still can't understand anyone, so I'm gonna need a genius to translate. And I want food."

     "Okay," he smiles and we get into his car after I grab some cash that Mom left for me.

     He drives to a nearby grocery store and we walk in. He leads the way to the junk food aisle. 

     "This is it, chief," I nod and grab a bunch of unnecessary items.

     "Woah, Maya," Farkle laughs. "Slow down. You might as well buy the whole store."

     "I would if I could," I tell him. I move back a few feet and aim for the cart.

     "We should go out for dinner tonight," he suggests. "All six of us."

     "Six?"

     "You, me, Smackle, Zay, Lucas, Riley..."

     I groan and he tosses some chips in the cart. "I have to remember all of those names? I can't even remember which one's Zay."

     He shakes his head and goes up to the cashier with my money, small talking in French while I awkwardly stand next to him. He grabs the bags and looks at me as we walk to the car. "Hey, you could maybe...I don't know, help?"