𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒂

It's been a long time since I've felt this happy.

When I think about it, it's kind of weird. I just met Riley a few days ago, but I feel like I've known her forever. I don't know how, but she's already made my life ten times better.

Today, I woke up and immediately texted Riley. I haven't seen her since we explored the city together about 5 days ago. That's five too many days.

Maybe I'm being a little clingy, but I don't care. She was my only friend and I'm not trying to bore myself to death.

  ______ _ _ _ ______  

Maya: hey riles!!!

Riles: hiii! :)

     Why does she have to be so cute? A friendly type of cute, that is.

Maya: i'm gonna die of boredom please save me honey

     My eyes widen as I realize what I just said. Well, that's new.

Riley: hey i was actually gonna meet up with the farkle if u wanna tag along??

Maya: i get to meet THE farkle? sign me up

Riley: come overrrrr i don't want to hear about his girl problems

  ______ _ _ _ ______  

I smile to myself and get ready. Shawn and Mom were going to run errands so I asked them to drop me off on the way.

As I run up to the Matthews' house trying to avoid the rain that's pouring down, I start thinking about how different I act with Riley. Whenever I'm with her, I can't help but smile. No matter how hard I try to fight it, I can't stop cheesing. And when she grabbed my hand while we were walking around the city, I felt my heart warm up at her touch. I push these thoughts away as Riley opens the door.

"Peaches!" she grins.

"Hey, Riles, I haven't seen you in forever."

"It's been like five days, Maya."

"Five days without y-"

"Five days without me, yeah, I know," she rolls her eyes.

I softly laugh as we get into her car.

"Where exactly are we going?" I ask.

"We're gonna pick up Farkle and go out for lunch, I guess," she shrugs.

She turns the radio on and the sound booms throughout the car. Once the chorus comes on, I recognize the song and a small frown forms on my face. This was his favorite song.

"Hey, you good?" she asks as she notices my frown.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," I sputter, forcing a smile.

"Okay," she says, though I'm not sure she's entirely convinced with my answer.

I change the radio station as I push the thought of him away. I didn't want to think about him; I didn't want to relive the agony I went through.

I must've drifted off to sleep during the ride. My eyes flutter open as Riley's soft voice creeps in.

"We're here," she smiles.