𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒂  

     "Mom, relax," I try to calm her down. "The wedding will be perfect."

     She frantically shuffles through one of the moving boxes. 

     "What are you looking for?"

     "A list with the catering company's number, which I've clearly lost."

     "Hey, Mom. Don't be stressed, you're hella blessed," I internally laugh at myself.

     She gives me a look and sits down, trying to unwind.

     "Hey, ladies. Why so glum?" Shawn says as he walks into the room.

     "Mom's stressing over some list she lost."

     "Oh, you mean the one with the numbers and stuff? I have it," he replies, pulling out a crumpled up list. 

     "Oh, thank god," Mom sighs in relief.

     I leave the room and go for a walk. I've been doing that a lot recently; it helps me think.

     Joey and I used to sneak out at night and just walk around. I smile to myself as I think about our silly conversations. I told myself I wasn't going to cry over him. Instead, I'm going to remember the good memories and pretend like he's still here, just far away. Maybe that's a bad mentality, but it's working. I just pretend he's still in New York, living life to the fullest.

     God, that's depressing.

     I shake my head and try to stop thinking about that. 

     It's been a few days since I've talked to Riley. We haven't seen each other since that day I slept over. I don't know what to say to her. Actually, I don't know how to talk to her without wanting to kiss her. So I didn't text her, and she didn't text me.

     I hope the only reason she hasn't talked to me yet is because she doesn't know what to say either.

     Whether we talk or not doesn't matter, because tomorrow is the wedding. Shawn invited most of Cory's family because he considers them family. And of course, the infamous Feeny will be there. Feeny was Shawn and Cory's teacher for like, every class. 

     I turn back around and make my way to my house. As I begin to walk, I hear a rustle and I turn my head. Nothing catches my eye and I face my head forward.

     "BOO!"

     "HOLY SHIT!"

     I instinctively punch the person in the face, not bothering to look at who it is.

     "Ow, Maya, it's just me," he says, and I realize it's Farkle.

     "Oh, oops," I reply. "Don't fucking sneak up on me like that!" 

     "Sorry, but I can't resist a good scare," he smirks.

     "What are you doing here?"

     "I was just going out for a stroll and I saw this blonde dwarf walking around. So, I de-"

     I cut him off by punching him in the gut. "Wait, wait, wait. Who'd you see?"

     "A beautiful, lovely, blonde haired goddess," he replies without missing a beat.

     "That's better," I smirk.

     "So, you and Riley, huh?"

     "Yup, we're the bestest friends," I give him a cheesy smile, putting my thumbs up.