10

𝒓𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒚  

     I open my eyes to Maya sprawled on top of me, breathing ever so softly. I run my fingers through her hair as I wait for her to wake up. I take notice of every little detail that made up the girl that was snuggled up against me. Her soft skin, her freckles, her lips. 

     I really wanted to kiss her lips. 

     A few minutes later, her eyes flutter open. She lazily lifts her head and looks at me with a cute little smile before she drops her head back down.

     "Morning."

     "No, I wanna sleep more," she mumbles against my shoulder.

     "Well, at least let me get up."

     "Will you come back?"

     "Sure."

     "That doesn't sound very convincing," she frowns.

     I gently move her off to the side so I can go freshen up. Once I make my way back to the room, I see Maya attempting to get out of bed, but falling in the process. I chuckle as she plummets to the ground.

     "Don't laugh you bitch."

     My eyes widen and I step back. "Jeez, sorry."

     I move off to the side so she can go to the restroom. I mentally note to not mess with her in the mornings.

     She walks back a few minutes later, slightly less irritated. "Sorry, I'm not a morning person."

     "I can tell," I cautiously reply, looking through my phone.

     "Mom and Shawn are going on their honeymoon."

     "So you're gonna be all alone?"

     "Unless you wanna come over for a few days. . ."  

     I pause for a second. "Nah, I'm good."

     She pouts and shrugs. "Okay."

     "I'm kidding, of course I wanna come over. Especially if I get to spend time with you."

     She smiles and kisses my forehead.

     "Hey, um, my parents aren't gonna be here tonight, so do you wanna go out for dinner?" I ask.

     The corners of her lips curve into a breathtaking smile. "Like, a date?"

     "If you want it to be," I hesitantly say.

     "Yeah, without a doubt."

     "Then it's a date," I smile, trying to fight the blush creeping in.

     "Where are we going?"

     "I don't know yet," I tell her, walking over to the edge of the bed. "But I want it to be a surprise."

     "Okay," she smiles, making her way next to me.

     I hear a knock on the door. "Come in."

     The door opens and reveals my favorite curly headed boy. "Hey, Auggie."

     "Hi, Riley and Maya. Mommy and Daddy are going to watch a movie and they said you have to babysit me."

     "Wait, the whole day? Like, as in tonight, too?"

     He shrugs and walks over, sitting in between us.