Chapter 18; Lucky

Kirstie

A few days after recording, I'm at home picking through a door under the staircase. It has all the decorations and such. Halloween is right around the corner and it was fun for me to decorate around the house and outside. Although I usually wouldn't answer the door for trick-or-treaters, it was fun to just go around in the Halloween spirit.

I pull out the old cotten spider webs and hand them along the ceiling where hooks are from last years decorating. I struggle to reach them and I have to get the large step stool to get them up there. Even then, I have to stand at the tips of my toes to reach it.

Jeremy would always be tall enough to-

Kirstie. No. No more Jeremy. No more of him. He is a bastard that played your heart and you can't go on thinking about him. You are in a better relationship with Avi. Avi loves you.

I've been arguing with myself these past few days with images and memories of Jeremy floating in and out of my head. I can't seem to get my head straight. Yes, I love Avi. He's nearly captured my heart completely. My there's still a part of me that latches onto Jeremy. Not romantically. Just what he has done to me. I don't love him. For all I could care, I hate his guts and I hope something worse comes along to bite him in the ass. When Avi beat him up, I felt that was not even half or what he did emotionally to me.

So why am I still holding onto it like it's something meaningful? Avi knows that I'm not over what Jeremy has done to me. Being in a new relationship is overwhelming. Expecially with the worries that fans and media bring. Of course, Avi told me not to worry. He's made it very clear that those things don't matter to him if it will hurt our relationship in anyway possible. I should get that in my mind set, and fast.

My glasses are slipping off my face as I'm still standing on the top of the latter on the tips of my feet. It's so difficult to get the webs hooked on.

Just as I'm getting so close, the door unlocks and opens.

"Kirstie, I got us some lunch." I hear Avi's voice chime. I sigh in relief. When he's around me, it's like everything is gone and there are no more worries in the world and I'm more than appreciative of that.

A part of me feels like an idiot that I could realize it sooner.

"I'm in the dining ro- woah!" I stammer, loosing my balance on the step ladder.

I watch in slow motion as I trip on my feet and the web falls from my hand. I'm facing the blank white ceiling and it becomes blurry, as my glasses are following along with gravities trail. My arms flail as I fall backwards, but I'm not clashing onto the floor. My back hits against a pair of arms and I catch my breath.

I look up to see Avi with wide eyes. They soften once he sees that I'm safe.

He laughs and kisses my cheek.

"I got you."

He sets me down and I dust off, praying silently to myself that I was lucky enough to have Avi there to catch me. I was just lucky to have him in general.

I place my hands on his chest and he smiles down at me, taking my hips and swaying. My face burns a familiar tingle and I cover my face and laugh. Avi nuzzles his nose past my fingers and presses his lips against mine. My hands come off his chest and I let my fingers linger along side his scruffy face. He takes my hips and lifts me onto the table, standing in between my legs with parting his lips from mine. Our breaths are back to that nervous, first kiss. Hot. His lips trail to my neck and I push him away that instant.

I give him a look and he shakes his head, kissing my lips again. He sighs.

"Ah, I love you." He walks out of the dining room and I follow him, shuffling my barefeet against the wooden floor with my hands in his. We make it to the kitchen and there's two foil bowls from chipotle. "Ta-da!" he exclaims, handing me my bowl. "I know it's not the ideal fancy dinner date and-"

"Baby, thank you." I stand on my tip toes and kiss his cheek. We take a seat and begin to eat.

"What's the plan for today Miss Pikachu?" he says reffering to my bright yellow oversized pikachu shirt. I giggle and down half a glass of water.

"I'm headed to the salon with Scott later. He's getting his hair dyed again."

"And you?"

"Going back to black." I sing. He laughs and his eyes widen.

"Really?" I nod.

"It's about time I go back to my original hair. It's literally dying so I'm going to cut it all off too."

Avi shakes his head. "No, don't do that." he says.

"I'm just kidding." I chime, stuffing my face with more rice and beans. "This blond is gone." My hair has gone so dry. I know dying it back to it's dark color won't make it look better, but people would see less frays of split ends.

"Well I think you look beautiful either way." Avi murmurs, staring at me.

I'm so thankful for him. I can't imagine how it would be if he hadn't said anything. If he had kept his secrets all to himself, I'd probably be in Jeremy's arms getting my heart broken again. I can't thank Avi enough. The only way I can repay him for all he's done is give him the same amount of love he feels for me.

I get up with my finished plate and lean down, kissing his cheek.

"Thanks sweetie."

I throw away my plate and turn around to see Avi standing there, catching my hips and latching his lips onto mine, surprising me. I pull away and wipe his mustache which has a drop of salsa on it. I giggle as his hands travel to my back and his face nuzzles into my neck. He leaves kisses on my skin and his facial hair kind of tickles on my neck. I can't help but giggle even more.

Everything he's doing is making me fall deeper in love with him, every second of the day.

He pulls away and stares at me. I sigh. "Maybe you should trim off a little of that beard too." I tease.

Avi shrugs and leans in for another kiss. I catch his face in my hands and kiss him back, never wanting things like this between him and I to disappear.

---

I'm so dissapointed in myself. There is so much more to this story.

It's just not good enough, I know it. 

So I might delete the story. I'm so sorry guys.

If there is a next time, see you then...

-Zoe x