Chapter 14; Everything I Didn't Say

Kirstie

"Jeremy?" I say, in disbelief that he's at my front door. He stands there, handsome as ever like he always was. My eyes blink, trying to clear my mind. I'm baffled and confused. "What are you doing here?"

"I saw the other day that you were in the hospital." He says. "I was worried about you." My jaw clench.

Avi's hand is on my back and I feel safe for a second, but confused. Him and Jeremy in the same room. I shouldn't be able to look at him after what he did to me. But his eyes are worried and hurt. He reaches out to touch my face and I freeze as he touches me. His hand is cold on my warm face.

"To hell you were worried about her." Avi hisses behind me, pulling me back roughly to him. His chest against my back. His hand now moves to my hip, refusing to let me go. Jeremy's hand is reached out.

"I miss you." He says, smiling sweetly. My heart is twisting and hurting. More than ever now.

"You do?" I ask, nearly falling for him again. His eyes are glimmering with false hope my face cringes, looking at him. I'm being twisted again.

"I still love you Kirstie." he says, stepping into his house that we used to own together. He takes my hand and everything seems to come back to my mind. All of our happy moments together, every single detail that I missed so dearly. Everything I missed between us is coming back and I squeeze his hand. Avi lets go of my hip and stares at us. Jeremy looks up at Avi and his face falls. "Are you with him?" he's obviously displeased looking at him.

"I-I, no." Avi's face falls from my response.

I've torn him apart.

"Kirstie-"

"Let's get back to preparing for a wedding babe." Jeremy says, cutting Avi off with a huge smile on his face. "I love you so much and I'm so sorry for everything I did." He says, with sadness in his eyes. I can't tell whether it's real or fake. I can't think of anything. It's moving too fast. "I love you and I really want to get married."

Reality snaps into mind and the image of him with that woman he cheated with me on in the restaurant flashes into my mind. I pull away.

"You don't mean it." I say, tears filling my eyes. Jeremy seems to be shocked at the fact I'm not melting in his hands like he might've expected.

"Baby, yes. I do. I do..." he says, reaching for my hand. I don't pull away. I sort of miss the feeling of his hands in mine.

"Kirstie, please." Avi says. I turn to him and tears are in his eyes.

"Shut it you fucker." Jeremy suddenly spits at Avi. His attitude completely changes as he lets go of my hands, turning to him. "Get out of here would you?"

"No." Avi says, taking his stand. He looks at me and opens his mouth to say something, but nothing comes out. I look him in the eyes and he clears his throat.

"What is it?" Jeremy says, mockingly and impatiently.

Avi looks at me and takes my hand.

"I love you."

My heart flutters. Jeremy scoffs.

"You don't believe him, do-"

"Kirstie, I love you." Avi says again. "You are the most beautiful person I've ever met. Every second we've spent together has been the best, I'm standing in front of you, willing to break down and show you the weak side of me because I know you would never judge me. I love you with all my fucking heart okay? You're seeing this total unmanly side of me and no one has seen it before. I went nights sleepless because I was worried about you. I was there at the hospital with you when Jeremy was the reason you were in there." His voice raises and my breath is taken away. "I want you. I need you Kirstie. I need you in my life because right now you are my everything. If you can't understand that, I'm telling you now. You don't deserve someone like Jeremy."

"Hey, shut the fuck up."

"Why don't you?" Avi hisses back. "In fact, why dont you go on and stick your head between that girls legs and break Kirstie's heart again."

I'm literally frozen in place, staring right at Avi, trying to let every sink. Everything he just said just slapped me in the face and I don't know how to react.

He loves me.

I don't even realize that there are tears down my face. I'm crying from the heated moment between the one who broke my heart and the one who's heart I'm breaking. My fists are clench and my eyes are shut.All of a sudden, the room get's quiet. I open my teary eyes and see the two of them standing there. Avi's eyes are full of concern. Jeremy's are fuming with anger, ready to beat the shit out of Avi.

"Kirstie, baby, you have to choose." Jeremy says, reaching out a hand to me. "We'll get married and have a wonderful life. Won't it be too much of a risk to be with this...boy?"

The image of coming home after a long day at a press conference, seeing a pair of red heels that weren't mine scattered on the floor. Along with a small black dress right by the door of our bedroom that we once shared. I remember seeing him there, in bed with a woman I didn't know. All he did was beg for my forgivness one moment, and the next he was blaming me and yelling at me.

I feel like my heart is going to give out.

Avi's only looking into my eyes, looking for my hope and love. He has tears running down his face after breaking down in front of me. It's like he's about to fall to his knees and beg me.

Jeremy has never done that before.

I look at the two of them, staring longer at Avi. My head falls and I close my eyes.

"You should go." Is all I say.

Seconds later, I open my eyes and see Avi's head hanging low in defeat. Jeremy laughs in amusement, opening the door for Avi. More tears are falling down Avi's face and my eyebrows furrow.

I reach out for his hand and he pulls away, but I pull him back into the house. He looks away and that's when my hand cups his cheek gently. The pads of my thumbs wipe away the tears on his face, seeing how much I've hurt him. Seeing what I've done.

Pulling back from him, I look up at Jeremy who's still laughing. It's been at least a minute of his ammusement. His laughter then dies down and he sees that my hands gripped in Avi's. His smile fades and a frown is pulled upon.

"Jeremy."

My face falls serious.

"You heard me."