Chapter two

Simon was woken up by the ringing of his phone. He blinked and answered the call. It was Isabelle. "Hello?", he asked. "Oh my god, Simon! Do you know where Jace is?" It was a reflex of Simon to say no, but then he remembered last night and looked around. He saw Jace, sleeping on the floor right next to him. "Yeah, he's with me.", he answered. "Thank god! Where are you?", she asked. "Uhm, I'll bring him to the institute, we'll be there in twenty minutes." Then he hung up. He didn't want them to see them here. Simon just wanted to wake Jace up, but then he decided to bring him to the car and let him sleep. As they got to the Institute, Alec was already outside, waiting for them to arrive. Simon got out of the car and lifted Jace. Alec ran towards him. "What happened?", he asked, instantly searching for any bruises or injuries. "You are going to wake him up", Simon said. The boys brought Jace to his room and laid him down onto the bed. "What the hell did you do?", Alec asked. "We were just, ugh, hanging around." "Where? At hunters moon?" Simon nodded. "How much did you drink?", Alec asked, although he was terrified of the answer. He knew that Jace can drink a lot, and he never saw him sleeping so deeply after a party night. "Just some beer.", Simon tried. "I don't believe a single word.", Alec answered, "tell me the truth, all of it." "Well, eleven beer, and seven tequila shots.", Simon said. "And probably five bloody marries." "Is that it?" Simon was wondering if he should tell Alec, but then he decided to go for the truth:" And some vodka." "How much?", Alec shouted. "Uhm... 15, I guess...", Simon tried to sound as confident as he was at the bar, but now, pronouncing it made him realize how insanely much that was. "Are you kidding me?" Alec's light blue eyes turned as dark as night. He felt the anger cooking up his veins, like hot Metal. "You were responsible for him! You're a vampire, alcohol doesn't do too much to you, but Jace isn't! You know he can't drink as much alcohol as you do. You could have killed him!" "He is just sleeping. I'm sure he'll wake up very soon. We were just trying to deal with stuff. Although alcohol might have been the wrong way. "I can't believe it.", Alec said, "Why is he doing it?" "I don't know why he did it, but I assume that he was trying to forget, same as me. Don't blame him for that. I know what he's going through. Let him sleep. He'll be alright." Then Simon left the institute.

Alec was horribly angry. Did Simon go insane? He rushed through the institute as he bumped into Isabelle:" Hey, slow down Alec.", then she saw his face, full of anger, "What happened?", she asked. "Nothing. They drank too much. Way too much. Don't want to talk about it.", he answered. "Where are you going?" "Gym.", Alec said, and went to the training room. The best way to let anger out was training. He directly went to the punching bags. He hasn't been training for a while, he definitely was out of shape. He couldn't tell how long he was practicing. "Alec, stop.", a voice said. He turned around, it was Izzy. Alec was sweating, he was sure his sister could hear his heart beat. "Take a break. Please." He groaned. "Izzy, I need this." Then he turned around and continued. He tried some kicks and flips, different techniques. Gasping, he got to his room. In his way, he peeked into Jace's, but he was still sleeping. Alec took a shower and changed his clothes, as he checked his phone: four missed calls from Magnus. Crap. Alec called him back immediately- "Hey Magnus, I'm sorry I missed your calls." "Where have you been?", his voice turned into one of concern. "I finally made it to the gym. Practicing, you know." "With Jace?", he asked. "No. Jace went to hunters moon tonight with Simon and drank as much as you do on weekends." "Oh, that's much." "It is. I'm sorry, I needed to work out a little.", Alec explained. "Oh, I just wanted to ask, maybe you want to join me on a date? Maybe some drinks, Movies, Billiard or something?" "I'm so sorry, I can't. I, ugh, have to stay with Jace you know, and training was pretty exhausting, I'm out of shape, you know." Alec was really sorry. But he wasn't in the mood. "Okay. If you don't want to meet me instead of waiting for Jace to wake up, that's alright. See you someday, Alexander.", Magnus said and hung up. Alec looked at himself in the mirror- He was tired, still exhausted from the training. Then he took his bow and went back to the training room.