Chapter three

Alec trained another three hours. Then, Isabelle came in again: "Alec! You need to stop it. You're going to hurt yourself. Jace will not get better by you injuring yourself. I'm worried, Alec. Maybe you should call Magnus.", she suggested. "I'm not sure he'll help us.", Alec explained. "Why wouldn't he?" "We had, ugh, kind of a fight a couple hours ago. Basically, what happened was that I missed his calls, he invited me to a date, I said no because of Jace and I'm not really in the mood, he was pissed and hung off." "Oh... Still, it's about saving Jace. You should call Magnus.", Izzy convinced him. Since they were little children, Isabelle was always able to convince Alec to do whatever she wanted him to do, and that did not change. So, Alec went to his room and grabbed his phone. He was shaking. Alec knew Magnus wasn't the kind of person who felt attacked easily, but Magnus never hung up a call just like that. Alec pressed 'call'. Nothing happened. He tried again. And again. Then he gave up. Usually, Magnus would always answer a call, especially if it's from Alec. But this time, he didn't. Alec took his Jacket and went outside. "Where are you going?" Alec whirled around. Maryse stood right behind him. "Magnus'.", Alec answered, turned back around and left the institute. It was freezing outside, but still he preferred to walk to Magnus'. Alec was worried. Maybe he was too strict with Jace and Simon. They were definitely having a hard time. But at the same time, he was worried. About Jace. About Magnus. About Simon and Isabelle in some way too. And he was worried about himself. What was happening to him? Why was everyone around him cutting him off? Jace lied to him last night, which he has never done before. Magnus just hung up. Isabelle sounded kind of pissed, too. Simon... Well, he couldn't quite imagine how Simon thought about him. But then, suddenly, Alec arrived. It usually takes him half an hour to get to Magnus' apartment by foot. He looked as his watch- He left the institute 15 minutes ago. He must have been running. Although, he hadn't noticed it. He rang the doorbell. "Magnus, it's me.", he said. He knew that Magnus was home. The tv was running. Magnus must have checked who was ringing and decided to not open the door. Alec rang another time. Nothing happened again. The TV show was paused. Alec rang again. No reaction. He was sure Magnus was watching him, so he said:" I promise, I'll wait here until you open the door. No matter how long it takes. And Alec meant it, so he sat down right next to the door. Minutes passed. Then, half an hour. Another hour. Then finally, Magnus opened his door. Alec was freezing. He whipped off the thin layer of ice on his clothes. "Magnus, I'm so sorry.", Alec said. "You don't have to be sorry. I was the asshole in this situation.", Magnus interrupted, "Let me guess- I should help you to wake Jace up. That's why you came." "Partly, Yes, but also, I was trying to fix our fight.", Alec corrected. "Well, we can still fix our fight after your best friend isn't that close to dying." Magnus seemed okay with it, so they got back to the institute, where Isabelle was already waiting for them:" I'm so glad you came!", she said and hugged the boys. Then she led them to Jace's room. He was still asleep. "So, I have to cure an absolutely drunk Shadowhunter, is that right?", Magnus asked. "If you really cut it off to the minimum, yes, I guess that's it.", Alec answered. Magnus checked on Jace. He looked concerned. "He is to weak to wake up.", he said, "Give me your hands." Alec and Izzy did as they were told. "Now, each of you take one hand of Jace. I'll try to push some of your power to Jace.", Magnus explained. The siblings followed the instructions. Then, they felt as if a hot wave was trying to push through their veins. And it was exhausting. Really exhausting. Suddenly, it stopped. "He's better now. He should wake up in the upcoming couple minutes.", Magnus said. Alec and Izzy sat down. They were tired. But they waited. Then, Jace cursed: "What the hell happened?" Alec, Isabelle and Magnus started to laugh, and the confused look on Jace's face made it even funnier. After a while, they told him what happened, and he completed their story with the parts he could remember from that night, although there weren't many memories left. "Will you join me for dinner?", Magnus asked Alec. Alec looked confused and because of that Magnus added:" You owe me that." Alec looked over to Jace and Izzy- he looked alright. "You can go. I'll stay with Jace.", his sister said. Jace nodded. "Okay, then, I guess, I'm able to join you tonight.", Alec said. "Great." Then they left.

 "What was it", Isabelle asked. "What was what?" Jace was confused. Everyone seems to know more about what happened to him then himself, which felt weird in some way. "I mean, why? Why did you almost drown yourself in alcohol? I know you are always in a mood for a drink or two, but you never drank so much that you didn't remember? Why??" Jace knew she wouldn't let him alone as fast as Alec probably would. He wasn't sure what to tell her. He really wanted to tell her everything, his dreams. But he couldn't. She would tell Alec. They would be worried. Maybe the nightmares will stop. "I was just trying to forget. You know, don't have any worries, any problems, any bad emotions. Just feel free. Relax. Not think." "It's because of Clary, isn't it?", Isabella asked. Jace winced. Hearing her name hurt more than any injury. He nodded. And she hugged him. The longest hg he had probably ever received from her. Not that she has ever been cold to him, she just wasn't a big hugger.

"Italian or Chinese?", Magnus asked. Alec was really tired but he tried to act motivated. "I don't care. Maybe we should order something?" He wasn't willed to move away from Magnus soft couch. Magnus snapped with his fingers and the table was covered with pizza. Alec stood up and went over to Magnus. "What is it?", he asked. "Why are you so upset?" Magnus was never upset, that's why Alec was wondering. "I'm not being upset. I'm just, ugh, wondering." "About what?" "About what bit me in the ass so that I let you stand outside for almost two hours. I wish you could forgive me, but..." "I forgive you now, and I will always do, no matter what.", Alec said and kissed Magnus. It felt good. Like a little flame between their lips, making them melt together. "Thank you for saving Jace.", Alec whispered between the kisses. "I wasn't saving him, I was saving a part of you".