Chapter four

First, thanks to all of you lovely people who read my fanfiction, this means much to me. As I saw that Reborn is ranked on #88 of #jaceherondale I literally started to cry, thank you to whoever is reading this.

Edit from two months later: You guys are incredible. I am on my way to 500 views on this fanfiction, I was ranked on #8 on #Clace a couple of times, it means everything to me. I just didn't want to delete this older version of saying thank you, because it just shows how I've grown. Thank you♥️

Edit from another couple of months later: we hit 1.5k! I would have never imagined it to be honest🌺

Simon knocked at the door of the institute. He and Isabelle planned to have breakfast together. Finally, she came out. She was beautiful, as always. Her long black hair looked like liquid onyx, where as here eyes were as gorgeous as Amber. Simon already picked up some coffee and doughnuts so they got to central park to picknick there. It was a nice sunny day, the first one for two weeks. "How are you, Simon?", Isabelle asked. And she meant it. She really wanted to know how he felt. "Decent", he said, "Do you know when the funeral is?" "Yes, Monday. Three more days. The Clave finally agreed, we'll have the funeral at the Institute, Clary will be buried right next to her mother." Simon nodded. He felt a tear in his eye. Isabelle saw it. "Oh, Simon.", she said and hugged him. Then, a howling noise came from behind them. They turned around. A huge, black thing came towards them. A demon. Isabelle shrieked. "I thought they were all gone!", she was sure they killed all demons for the moment, and since Lilith was dead, she never saw a demon in New York again. "I thought so too! That one must have been hiding.", Simon said. He was terrified. His mark stopped working after he killed Clary. It's been a while since he fought a battle without his mark. But Isabelle was ready. She always was. It was what she was taught to do since she was a little Girl. She looked like a goddess as she swung her whip. She had no fear. She got the demon at his throat. It made a weird noise, like a howl. A greenish mark showed up where the whip touched its' skin. Black liquid spread out. It was disgusting. The demon ran towards Simon. Now he was the one to shriek. He could have run away. He was a vampire. But his reaction was to slow. The demon jumped forward and grabbed Simon as if he was a piece of dirt. "Do not even try to!", Isabelle screamed and tried to get the demon with her whip one more time. Then, suddenly an arm bumped out of the demons' body and grabbed the end of the whip. Surprisingly, the whip didn't injure him. He pulled the whip towards him, and with-it Isabelle. She tried to get the whip back, but that made the demon pull her towards him even stronger. She threw a knife, but missed the demon. She has never been good with knives. She screamed. She didn't have any more weapons with her. Then, suddenly an arrow flew towards the demon and got stuck in its throat, exactly where Izzy's whip has already injured the demon. It instantly let go of Simon and Isabelle. The demon was dead and disappeared. Izzy whirled around. It was Alec and Magnus. Isabelle ran towards her brother and hugged him. "Are you alright?", he asked. He looked afraid. "Sure." Then Alec noticed Simon and went towards him:" Are you ok too?", he asked. Simon nodded. "I'm sorry for being rude to you...", Alec started, but Simon interrupted him:" It's okay. I should have taken responsibility... And I get you, you were worried about Jace, it's alright." "Thank you.", Alec said, then the boys hugged too. Simon left, he needed to get home. "Bye Alexander.", Magnus said and kissed Alec. He smiled. Then Isabelle and Alec left to get to the Institute.

Jace was tired. He couldn't sleep. Every time he closes his eyes, he saw Clary. "Why did you do this to me?", she asked. Jace said nothing. He knew she was just an imagination. "Answer!", she screamed. Then she took scissors and put them right next to her eye. "I don't know...", Jace said. She put the scissors away. How was that possible? She came closer and closer, then she said:" You're forgetting me." "No!", Jace said. "You will bury me, and you will bury the memory of me." Then she disappeared. All Jace saw was black. And something orangish, the shade of Clary's hair. And blood. Blood dripping down from where the Hair was. He heard her Voice:" Jace, help me." Then he fell asleep. It was going to be the worst night of his life.