Chapter five

Jace didn't see Clary the past three days. It was Monday, the day of Clary's funeral. Everyone was invited. Alec held Jace's hand. It probably looked weird but he didn't care. It felt good. Everyone was invited, everyone was there. They were all dressed in white, everyone which was holding a speech carried a white Rose. Brother Jeremiah began the ceremony:" The funeral begins. The ones remaining may hold their speeches now." First Isabelle stepped next to Clary's coffin. "Dear Clary.", she said. An image of her appeared in Jace's mind, he shrugged. No one noticed. "You were the only sister I ever had. Although we might have been so different, by any means, we got true sisters. Blood doesn't matter. Today, I'm not at the funeral of a friend, no, today I am at the funeral of the most gorgeous, amazing, brave and confident woman I ever knew. I will never forget you, Sis." Then she kissed her rose and put it on the coffin. Next was Alec: "Clary was someone special by any means." Jace shrugged again. His head hurt, Clary got more precise. "She rushed in our lives, and I need to say that I was the one who didn't realize how great she was. It feels like a part of my family which was just ripped away. It took me so horribly long to accept her. I did so much wrong. But she never hated me for it. She always forgave me. No matter what I did. I was a stranger to her, but still she always saw the best in me. This is something I appreciate. And I'm sorry, terribly sorry for what I've done wrong. No matter who tries to talk bad about you, I promise, I wont let him go as easily as he'd wish. Thank you, Clary. For teaching me that not everything new is bad, that you have to listen to your heart, not only to the law. Thank you for teaching me to make things right. Thank you." He kissed his rose and put it on the coffin too. Next was Magnus:" Biscuit. You always tried to achieve your goals, to make everyone happy. You were one of the most selfless people I ever knew. You are brave. And whatever will happen to you after death, I am sure you will manage it. Because you're Clary." Jace felt a sudden pain in his head. Clary was covered in blood, talking to him:" You will forget me, you will forget me..." Magnus laid down his rose, next was Luke: "Clary" Jace felt another spasm of pain in his head, his hand began to cramp, Clary's voice got louder. "You were the only daughter I've ever had.", Luke continues, "And the best daughter I could ever possibly have. I watched you grow up, and I knew one day you will find out who you really are. And that day came earlier than I thought. But you started to fight. To fight for what was right. Since the first minute, you didn't care about anything else than bringing your mother back. I never thought I could love someone as I loved Jocelyn and I thought I will never be as sad as I were as Jocelyn died. But you proved me wrong, daughter. You never had an easy childhood, but giving up was no option to you, not even the last one. And it never changed. You consisted of pure energy, and I never met someone so loving and caring as you were. And I will not say goodbye to you. Because for me you never passed away." As Luke laid down his rose, almost everyone was crying. There were only two more speeches to go, Simon continued:" You did whatever you wanted. Always. Sometimes, it was the best you could ever possibly do, sometimes it made our problems duplicate. We spend our lives together. You made me a better person, and I'm going to keep this short, you can do more. You can do anything. Because you're Clary freaking Fray. Forever." Jace's head felt like it was about to explode. He thought he'll throw up every minute. Clary was screaming at him:" Jace! You're burying me and you're burying the memories!" She repeated that all the time and her voice got louder as he stepped towards her coffin. He was the last one to hold his speech:" I thought, you were a mundane, once. I thought you were a stranger once. I thought you were my sister, once. But though all the time, you were the love of my life. You were my reason to care for myself, I would have done everything you would have told me, but you never did. You never used my loyalty, although you could have. You always accepted me, no matter who I was. You never stopped thinking only the best of me, and when the truth proved you wrong, you didn't cry. You just changed the truth. You were a fighter, you were fighting for all of us, for the ones you loved. I miss you, and I always will.", his pain got worse and worse. "Clary, I love you." He gasped and laid his rose down as he sunk to the floor. He felt dizzy. Alec just appeared right next to him and helped him down the stairs. Clary was crying in his head:" You forgot me. You forgot me. You forgot me..." She was cutting herself with a knife, Jace felt like he was about to throw up. Jeremiah continued: Ave atque vale, Clarissa Fairchild." "Hail and farewell.", everyone said.

It felt like his blood was cooking. He was sweating, his shirt already turned transparent at some parts. Jace was splashing cold water onto his face. His head still hurt. He could hear Clary screaming at him: "It's you fault. You are trying to forget me. It's your fault. You are trying to forget me..." It got louder and louder. Jace sat down on his bed. He wasn't even able to cry. It was like a fire inside him, burning all the liquid in his body. Someone knocked at the door. "Come in.", Jace said. It was Alec. He changed into sweatpants and a shirt." How are you doing?", he asked. He didn't have to, Alec could tell Jace felt bad by only looking at him. "It's weird.", Jace answered. "What was it, at the funeral I mean." Jace tightened his jaw. He wasn't sure if he should tell Alec. He was his Parabatai, he will find out. "It's something weird happening to me.", Jace started to explain. His headache increased. He still couldn't see Clary, but could hear her. Alec sat down right next to him. Jace continued:" It's just, ugh, hard to explain. Every time I close my eyes, I see an Image of her. I also hear her voice, she's saying terrible things." He shrugged, his hands began to shake. Sweat was running down his face, making his shirt transparent and making his hair stick together. A drop of sweat dripped in his mouth. It was salty. "Jace, please tell me!", Alec begged. He looked terrified. "Are you talking about Clary?", he asked. Then it happened. Clary appeared, she was shouting louder than she ever had:" It's all because of you. Because of you, I need to be alone in here, in the infinitive darkness! All because of you!" Then she took a knife and made a long cut across her forehead. It was deep. Blood started running down her face. Jace shook even harder, he screamed out in fear and pain, jumped off the bed and banged his elbow against the wall. He thought the pain will make Clary get out of hid mind, but it made it even worse. He saw her tearing off the skin of her forehead with her bare hands. She almost reached her eyes. Jace cried out once again- he couldn't watch her anymore. He ran to the wall and banged his head against it. Once. Twice. Then everything turned black.