chapter eleven

Jace, Simon and Isabelle were running down fifth avenue. Isabelle told Jace and Simon Alec wasn't at the institute anymore. Magnus didn't know where Alec was either. Jace was worried: "Again, it's all because of me.", he thought as they ran across the street. Brooklyn was beautiful at night. But today, that was not why they came here. They searched in almost every park, at every bridge. Then, Jace had an idea: "Hunters moon.", he said, and ran. "Why would he do that? He's not really a drinker, as I remember.", Simon said. "He has the same reason as we had- forgetting.", Jace answered. Isabelle cursed:" What the hell have I done wrong? Why do all the male people who have contact with me try to kill themselves with alcohol? First Simon and you, now even Alec." Although the situation wasn't funny at all, Jace grinned. "You got a point there.", he said. They could already see the pub. It was full of people and really loud. Surprisingly loud, actually. As they came closer, they heard people screaming. They heard a familiar voice- "Maia!", Simon shouted and ran into the pub.

Inside, it was surprisingly somber. Usually, there were flashlights everywhere. As he looked up to the ceiling, he saw why: All the lamps were broken. That was probably one of the reasons the floor was covered in glass. Then, suddenly a werewolf appeared in front of him. He wanted to flinch, but the werewolf hit him in the face and he sunk to the floor. "Go find Alec, I'll stay with Simon!", Isabelle yelped to Jace as she saw what happened. Jace obeyed. Probably one of the first times of his life. He ran towards the bar where he saw Maia fighting two vampires. Behind her, a body laid on the floor. Maia tried to protect the person, but she didn't have a chance against the vampires. One of them tricked her and got to the body. "Leave them alone!", Jace screamed. The vampires whirled around in surprise. "Oh, another pretty Shadowhunter boy.", one of them said and jumped towards Jace. The vampires were drunk, so it wasn't a problem to knock them down. "You are the boyfriend of Clary, aren't you?", the one remaining said. Jace begun to gasp. He knew he can't give up now. With a scream he ran towards the vampire, punching him against his stomach until he laid at the floor. Clary was ripping off skin from her face. Screaming at him. His head ached. The tremor in his hands increased. He was about to pass out as he heard a cry:" Jace come here, it's Alec!", Isabelle screamed. Jace ran back towards the bar as he recognized that the body was Alec. The pain increased. He felt dizzy. "What is it?", he asked. There was blood all over Alec's clothes, his Parabatai was definitely wounded. He heard his own voice shake. "You forgot me, you forgot me..." Clary screamed in his head. It felt like it was about to explode. He sunk down the wall as Alec groaned:" Jace, I need you...", and passed out again. Suddenly, Magnus appeared. "Give him your hand, Jace.", he said. Jace obeyed. "But, Jace...", Isabelle started, but Jace interrupted her: "Izzy, It's okay." "I need his power to give it to Alec.", Magnus continued. Isabelle tried again:" Jace is already so weak, Can't I..." "No.", she was interrupted again," This only works with Parabatai.", Magnus said, "He needs Jace. Without him he won't survive." Suddenly, Clary disappeared. Jace stopped wincing. "Take whatever you need.", he said, his voice surprisingly strong. He closed his eyes. It was as if someone was pulling all the energy out of his body. His heart bet slower. He fainted.

"How could you do that? How could you take all his energy?", Alec screamed. Jace woke up. "I wanted to safe you. And he did too.", Magnus answered. "You can take parts, but not all!" "He allowed me to!" "It's true.", Jace said. Magnus and Alec whirled around. "Jace!", Alec gasped and got to his Parabatai, "Are you okay?", he asked. "She's gone.", Jace said. "Who is gone? What are you talking about?", Alec asked in confusion. "Clary.", Jace said. Alec's eyes turned pitying:" Yes, she died.", Alec said with a calm voice. Jace started to smile: "Stop treating me like a psychopath, I know she's dead. But she is gone. Out of my head.", he said. "When?", Alec wanted to know, but then stopped," No. Tell us in a minute. I'll get Simon and Izzy.", he said and darted out of the door. Magnus got to Jace: "Jace I'm sorry. I should have been more careful with you but..." Jace interrupted him:" You were worried. And I was too. And it was the only right thing to do. I'm not mad at you, Magnus." Then the boys hugged each other. They may be different, but one thing they agreed on was how much they loved Alec.

Simon, Maia and Isabelle were talking in Isabelle's room, as Alec dashed into it: "Good news- Jace is awake. And there is something he has to tell us." They ran back to the infirmary. "Now you can tell us.", Alec said. Jace began: "Alright, uhm, we were at hunters moon. Alec, you need to tell me later what happened there. I saw Maia which was attacked by vampires. As I started to fight the second one it asked if I was Clary's boyfriend. Of course, hearing her name I freaked out. As I laid down to the floor to give you my energy, although I wonder how Magnus got any energy out of me, he said you needed me. He said you'll die without me. Clary was saying that I forgot her, as usual, but then she stopped and disappeared. I don't know why, but it just happened. And yeah, after that I passed out.", he finished. "Oh my god, it all makes sense now!", Simon said. Everyone looked at him, confused and surprised. "That's so easy!", he said. "I kinda feel like you know more about what's going on inside my head than me. Which is really confusing, if I may add.", Jace said. "Look- I remember, that day we don't really remember because of, you know, tequila shots and stuff, you told me that since you met Clary, you got more careful. And when she died, you forgot her. In a different way. You started to live like you did all the years before. I remember you told me that you think that no one would care if you'll die. And that's not true. You see, Clary appeared as a reminder that you have to take care of yourself. You were careful for her. But when Magnus said that Alec needed you, Clary hast done her job. She showed you there are other people that care about you. Other people that you should be careful for. Other people that need you. That's why she disappeared."

There was silence. "I'm going to send a fire message to the Clave and the silent brothers- You are cured.", Alec said and disappeared.

This fanfiction isn't finished yet!! But there are only two more chapters to go.