Chapter 7

Ross Pov:

I laid in bed alone with my thoughts, I looked over at my nightstand, and saw that my clock read 2:01am. I sighed deeply still thinking, hoping that maybe my ceiling had the answer to my problems, to the millions of questions that ran through my mind. But it didn’t.

I replayed the car scene with laura over and over again, I heard her soft voice echo inside my head to part where she formed letters into words that made up a question that left me speechless.

~Flashback~

‘Will you go on a date with me?’  

It hadn’t been the first time a girl had asked me on a date, truth be told it was like the fifth time this week. But it was however, the only time I asked for time to consider the offer of going out with someone, well a girl.

There was something about laura that made me what to figure out who she was, last week was the first time we had ever spoken to each other. And it started out with teasing. She is known as this Queen Bee who constantly has dudes fawn over her, who goes out with whoever and does whatever with them. But at the diner she seemed so different, she wasn’t this untouchable Queen Bee. She was laura, a sweet, passionate music lover and a girl who can eat actual food that didn’t involve salads.

‘I liked it’

She seemed so fragile but that the same time so confident in what she was doing and saying.Like if she was trying to hide the fact that she was nervous by smiling and occasionally glance my way, especially since I didn’t answer her question right away. I saw her a smile fall abit as the minutes passed and my right leg became soaked with the rain.

She stared at me intently, waiting for an answer or atleast movement from me. She finally broke the silence with, “It is that a yes or no?... Or are you just going to sit there and get soaked with the rain?” It was at the moment where I finally gained the feeling in my body. I chuckled at her way of approaching my silence.

“that still doesn’t answer my question you know?” She said looking more serious. I stopped laughing.

“You wanna go out with me?” I asked raising an eyebrow at her.

She nodded her head. I chuckled and faced her more directly.

“what?”

“It must be my lucky day then.” I said smiling.

“why?”

“You said, If you were to go out with me then I would be lucky. And well you asked me so... I guess its my lucky day.” I said with smirk.

“So is that a yes?” I turned away from her and stepped out of the car, closing the door. I began walking towards my front door when I heard the car door open again.

“So its a no?” She screamed her spot at me. I smiled knowing she couldn’t see me. I don’t why though, it just happened. I stopped in tracks as I held the door knob of my front door, slowly I turned around and saw that she was getting wet. Yet, she didn’t mind that her clothes and hair were getting ruined, she just wanted my answer.

“So?” She asked.

I made it seem like I was thinking long and hard about her question. I opened my front door and stepped in, I saw her watch my every move in her eyes there was a hint of sadness but her face showed more anxiety.

I watched she bite her lip to the left side making her skin turn white from all the pressure, I decided it was time to tease her. I formulated a small sentence before closing my door that brought the shiny look back into her eyes and the color back into her bottom lip.

“I’ll think about it.” I said.

So here I am still thinking about it, wondering if I should yes or no. I thought for moment maybe she would go back to our ‘hate/teasing thing’ that we do. In the last couple of days she had been totally different with me. Rydel’s words echoed inside my head, “Give her a chance”

Maybe I should, I liked the laura I hung out with today. She was sweet, interesting, and more real- that was something I have had trouble finding in anyone lately. She was opinionated and didn’t like the typical stereotypes of guys doing things first for girls, she liked to be one to go for something if she wanted it.

Plus she asked for one date, what could go wrong?

---

The Next day

School Grounds

She waited by her locker after the second bell had rung just she was told this morning through a text. She knew that he contained the answer to her stress problems, he would be the cause for her insomnia too but that guilt belongs partly to herself because she always loved being awake at night watching the stars and the night sky.

When the moon was up, she was up. She always looked towards the moon when she felt lonely, it reminded her that even in the darkest night the moon no matter what size it was always shining down some light.

She heard the door creak open and footsteps walk towards her getting closer by the minute as her anticipation grew longer. He finally looked her way, he didn’t seem eager but he didn’t seem nervous either. Was it a yes or a no? she wondered she felt a bit nervous but she couldn’t seem weak, never could the great laura marano seem weak to anyone especially in school.

Finally he stood before her, staring her like if he were studying her features intently. there was no morning greeting from him either, not that she wanted one but it would have been nice you know. For moment everything in the world seemed to have stop, and the only thing that made a sound was her hard breathing.

The silence was broken and the tension was cut when he smiled widely at her, a little creepy she thought but it show off his cute cheek dimple. This is it she thought, a one word response that had so many consequences after it. As simple as a word can be, and yet this one word had so much more control over her life it was unbelieveable.

He leaned in really close to her face that she could smell his minty fresh breath, he looked into her eyes deeply with that same huge smile plastered on his face. And then he said that one word response that changed everything and put the game in motion.

“Yes.”

It worked looks like 21 days begins now.

COMMENT/ VOTE

There you have it guys, the 21 days will start in the next chapter!! finally the good parts are coming (I hope)

sorry for late updates but school started for me and its a workload, I've got massive reading to do plus writing.

Anyway, um 860 reads!!!!? who is amazing???? YOU ARE.

thank you thank you thank you for the reads guys!

don't forget to comment/ vote your thoughts on the story.

ps- I didn't edit the chapter so sorry for errors!

Bye!