Chapter 13

Quinn rolled up to Leon and Louise Berry's house with Rachel sitting in the passenger sit. Hiram and LeRoy's car was already in the driveway. Steve, Quinn's stepfather, parked just behind the blonde's car. It was Thanksgiving and Quinn's family chose to join the Berry family in their Thanksgiving tradition. Paige and Jack jumped out of their dad's car with Judy hopping out of the passenger seat. Quinn got out of her car and then walked around to her passenger's side to open the door for her girlfriend.

Once Rachel was out Quinn smiled, handing over a bag, "Could you take this for me while I go help dad with the other things?"

The brunette smiled and nodded, taking the bag out of her girlfriend's hand. "Thank you, baby," Quinn said as she quickly leaned over and pecked her girlfriend on the lips.

Just then, Michael bolted out of the house, you could hear Louise yelling at the boy to get back in the house but he didn't listen.

"Quinn!" he yelled as he ran up to said blonde. The Cheerio turned and smiled, "Michael!" she yelled trying to reflect the same excitement as the boy. The boy flung himself in the blonde's arms and Quinn lifted him up and spun him around. She then landed the boy on his feet, and kneeled down in front of him. "I've got a present for you."

Michael's eyes went wide. "What is it?!" he said excitedly.

Quinn leaned in to whisper into the boy's ear. "Well first you have to go say hello to Rachel, because she's missed you a lot and wants a big hug from you."

The blonde boy nodded and ran over to Rachel. "Rachel!" he screamed with as much excitement as he did when he welcomed Quinn. Rachel leant down and gave her little cousin a hug. "Hello Michael."

"Quinn said she has a present for me but I had to give you a hug before I got it," Michael said excitedly.

Rachel looked over a Quinn who was walking over to the two of them. "You weren't supposed to tell Rachel that, Michael," Quinn laughed as Rachel just gave her a look that silently said you've been caught out. The blonde leaned over and kissed her girlfriend on the cheek.

"Can I have my present now?!" Michael clapped his hands together.

Quinn grabbed a hold of the boy's hand, "Come meet my family and help me carry some things for my mum and dad, I need someone with big muscles to help me out."

"I've got big muscles," Michael smiled as he tried to flex his arm that Quinn wasn't holding on to. Quinn chuckled and nodded, "You sure do... Way bigger than mine."

The Cheerio then led the little boy to Steve's car. Quinn's family was all at the trunk of the car grabbing out bags and trays of food. "Mum, dad, Paige, Jack this is Michael... Michael this is my family, Steve, Judy, Paige and Jack." Quinn said as she pointed to the individual family member.

There all said their sweet hellos to the small boy, Judy looked a bit shocked but smiled and then looked at her daughter, Quinn however missed the whole exchange.

They then entered the Berry household and Quinn introduced her family to everyone. Hiram and LeRoy had meet Quinn's family before but never had a long conversation with any of them, so everyone was excited to start to get to know each other.

Judy, Louise and LeRoy stayed in the kitchen to prepare more food for their Thanksgiving lunch and everyone else went out on the veranda and sat around the big table already nicely decorated with plates, cutlery, glasses, and flowers, the one thing missing was all the food.

"Quinn! Can I have my present now?" Michael ran over to Quinn who was holding a blue gift bag in her hand. "What's the magic word, Michael," Leon scolded his son.
The little boy didn't look at his father but looked at Quinn, "Please."