sleep

Christian's POV

I was slowly drifting off to sleep when I heart a soft knock on my door. I ignored it. Then again. And again. I sat up and sighed. "Come in Mitty." I said quietly.

My door creaked open and a disheveled looking Mitchel appeared. He looked rough and his hair was a mess. I could tell it has been one of those nights. He shuffled into my room, towards my bed. I stretched a bit, as he waited patiently.

Then I reached out my arms and he immediately fell into them. He wrapped his body around mine like a koala and got comfy, clinging to me. I laid us down so he was on top slightly and put a thin blanket on top of him. He was cold to the touch, but his face was warm. I could tell he'd been crying. He let out a shaky breath.

"You're safe. I'm here." I whispered softly. "But you weren't." He almost cried. "Shhh." I hushed. "And Clinton, and Jesse, and everything else that I love." He whimpers. "It was just a dream. It is not real. I'm here. They're here. We're here. You're here. Safe." I tell him.  He just sniffs. "I can't loose you." He says almost inaudible.

"You won't. You can't. I will never leave you. You will never leave me. Nothing will ever, ever separate us, alright love?" I tell him again. I run my fingers through his messy hair. "Let's just go to sleep." I whisper.

"In sleep we can find a world of our own. Anything you could ever want you can have in sleep. What's your place that you want to go to?" I say, trying to get him to think of anything else but that awful nightmare.

"Us, back at Yosemite park." He says. "Yeah that view is pretty amazing, right?" I say, remembering that visit. He nods against my chest. "Let's to back to that moment. Staring out at the mountains and the view. How calm it was. The rocks. Us together by the view. The band. How happy we felt. Let's relive it." I say. I'm already drifting off to sleep thinking about that memory.

I place my hand on his lower back and shift deeper into the bed. He hums in content. We're quiet, in a serene peace.

"Kras?" He says delicately. I hum. "Thank you. " He says. "Goodnight Mitty." I whisper. I kiss his warm forehead once more and drift off into a peaceful sleep .