Chapter 14

Dedicated to @shreeeee12

*

"Handwritten assignment?" Ehan raised his eyebrows as Ira told him about the assignment she was given by Mr. James.

"Yeah! That old man is very mean" Ira whined, taking out some papers to begin writing.

"Should I copy this?" She showed him her mobile, a PDF file about the topic she downloaded. Ehan took that from her and read the points mentioned.

"Copying it as such wouldn't be sufficient. Copy this introduction, I'll look for some different and relevant points" he replied, handing her mobile back. She took that from his hand, nodding and started writing, whilst he googled for some more points in his mobile.

As soon as she reached the point he asked her to write, he handed her his mobile instructing what to write further. She suppressed a yawn, taking his mobile from him.

"Are your employers making you work more than you are suppose to?" He questioned, looking at her sleepy eyes.

"Yeah! They are being cruel nowadays" she replied, rubbing her eyes. She looked sleep deprived and tired.

"How long are you going to let this happen? Exams aren't far. You need more time to study"

"I'll quit once I find a suitable job. But the problem is, I don't have time to look for a new job" she reasoned, slumping.

Ehan lowered his eyes, thinking of a way. She continued writing, letting him think of a solution.

More she was trying to concentrate on writing, more she was feeling sleepy. As her eyelids began to droop, she kept her head on the table, closing her eyes for a moment.

After a couple of minutes, Ehan noticed her asleep, resting her head on the table with eyes closed. His hand made his way to wake her up but he stopped himself, knowing how tired she must be feeling. He didn't feel like disturbing her sleep. Soon, she dropped the pen she was holding, her body relaxed as a peaceful sleep took over senses.

He again thought of waking her up but didn't. She looked so peaceful while asleep. He looked around to know if someone was noticing them. He don't know why he was being concious all of the sudden.

His eyes travelled back to her face, looking so calm. For the first time, he carefully looked at her features. Her long eyelashes touching her cheekbones, he sharp nose stand like a mountain and her plump lips looked naturally pink. Her cheeks looked like marshmallows. Since she has properly pulled her hair strands behind her ear, her face was all clear to for him to get lost at.

He don't know what got into him but he kept both his hands on the table and rest his chin over them, staring at the sleeping beauty infront of him. She was sound asleep and he was lost looking at her.

As someone stood beside her, Ehan's trance broke. He sat up straight, looking at the person who happened to be Honey.

"Ir..."

"Shhh" Ehan stopped him before he could shake her to wake up.

Throwing a glare at Ehan, Honey hit the table making loud noise. Ira woke up with a jolt, her eyes wide and confused.

"Mary" she gasped, standing straight.

"Are you crazy?" Ehan yelled. Both Ira and Honey at Ehan.

"What happened?" She asked, looking between them both as things registered in her mind that it wasn't Mary.

"It's time for you to leave for work. Didn't you say, you were asked to be there earlier" Honey said, his eyes boring holes into Ehan.

"Oh! Yeah" Ira gathered her things and shoved them in her bag. "I'll write the rest of it tomorrow" she said to Ehan, giving him back his mobile. He nodded, taking it back. She left like a flash, not noticing the challenging looks Ehan and Honey was giving eachother.