Chapter 4

Hayes had come round every day after school. I hated him but at the same time I loved him. Finally the weekend had came but it kind of made me miss Chelsea even more as I was meant to go back but instead I have to babysit my five year old step sister and my seven year old step brother and sister. I decided to open up my laptop and go on facebook as I hadn't been on it since I moved. I had a few notifications and messages, and I had a friend request. I was so confused. I had no one who would want to add me. I clicked on it and it was Hayes. How on earth did he find me? Why would he search for me? I decided to accept and before I knew it he had messaged me.

"Hey. I was wondering what you were doing today?"

"Babysitting"

"Oh... okay"

"Why?"

"Was just wondering... want some help?"

"From you?"

"Yeah"

"Um, if you want..."

Well... that was, really weird. Why would Hayes want to spend his Saturday day AND night with me instead of going out with his friends? Popular people never want to be with me. Nobody does, really. He isn't really the type of person I'd of liked to spend my Saturday night with, me and Hayes are completely different people. He has loads of friends and is really social and likes going to places, I have no friend and I'm probably the most unsociable person there is alive and I like to spend a lot of time instead in my room eating pizza.

I got ready as I didn't want to look like a complete slob (like usual). Not long after I had a knock on the door, it was Hayes. He was in black skinny jeans and a v neck white vest top. Shortly afterwards my mum came home to drop off the kids she stayed for about ten minutes talking to Hayes whilst he arse licked her and her boyfriend.

"Well we best we better get going. See you tomorrow night Grace, see you soon Hayes!"

They walked out the door and got in their cab.

"You didn't tell you were babysitting them until tomorrow night!" Hayes groaned at me.

"You didn't ask! Why does it bother you anyway?"

"It bothers me because you're looking after three young children by yourself for over 24 hours and you're seriously considering looking after them overnight by yourself"

"That didn't explain why it bothers you"

"You're not looking after them by yourself overnight!"

"Well I have to. My mum's already gone, not much I can do now"

"I'm going to stay with you, until your mum's back."

Wait what? He wanted to stay with me until my mum was back, she wouldn't be back until late tomorrow night? He obviously wasn't to give in until I let him so I decided to give in, in the end. We decided that this time, we'd order a Chinese instead of a pizza as that's pretty much all I eat. We decided to all snuggle on the sofa and watch the Hannah Montana movie with hot cocoa that Hayes made.

"So are you two dating?" asked my step brother.

I physically choked on my food and screamed. "OH MY GOD, NO. NO WE'RE NOT"

"Wow, you made it seem like it's a bad thing"

"It is a bad thing"

"Why?"

"Because me and you, we're completely different people Hayes. We're not compatible"

"What? Because I'm popular? That's ridiculous! We have so much in common and you know that"

"Hayes I don't get on with people like you"

"PEOPLE LIKE ME? YOU DON'T GET ON WITH PEOPLE LIKE ME? WE'VE BEEN GETTING ALONE FINE" he got up and stormed out.

"Well... that was awkward"

"Don't Zoe," I replied to my seven year old sister. "Damn now I've missed most of this and I'm pretty sure my food is going to be cold"

I upset Hayes and I felt terrible about it. As soon as I started saying about it the light in his eyes went. They just looked dull. I do like Hayes. A lot, but I don't trust him. I feel like he's doing all this so he can play me and make a fool out of me. I know boys like him, I've been with a boy like him and this was the exact reason I couldn't love Hayes. My love for him had to be a secret. It had to be, a secret love.